E-Toxx Webshop Online

By any chance could/does the new Damping mod fit the old Matrix 1 trucks? as i would love to get rid of the eggs and springs on mine… :pray:

1 Like

Yes, they fit. I’m runnig them in matrix 1 trucks on my monster mtb. A friend is running them in next which is similar to the older matrix 1 with the plastic baseplate. All the channel trucks are more or less copy and paste…

3 Likes

One Blue Set is left from this first Batch.

1 Like

Just realize what I read ^^ (6.25:1 on dual :smiling_imp: … I have tested the same ratio on my eDirt - 8 x 50T etoxx heavy wheel drive chain 5B, so single motor, 170kv, 12s, 50A bldc vesc4.10 then focbox - that was a bit brutal :blush: Mini YZ machine, I love it !..) We can’t imagine what you get under your feet !!! FKN CRAZY !!

Another thing, I got Matrix 1 spring channel type trucks too, and my eggs/dampas are absolutely not in touch (preloaded), I got 1 or 2 cm just working with the spring itself and then if I carve more comes the eggs resistance. It’s really weird … at speed. You turn easily with it at low speed but I think a full and progressive experience of riding should be a lot better !!.. Plus the MadMax Style !!

This is music to my ears,

so @Nowind im up for a set, but il wait on the second batch as i really fancy the orange ones.

ps… i would/can pay now and wait but, its not possible to order the out of stock “orange” on the Etoxx shop site… can you keep me posted on that second batch bro… :wink:

Haha, no…they are just oval now instead of flat and out of 8000mah (6000 realistically after hitting 3.6V per cell), I only get around 4000 now.

Thanks for the offer, but due to my drone hobby I already invested heavily in high amp lipo chargers ETC. Just have to contemplate if higher C lipos are worth it (Graphene or stick with 30-40C stuff).

1 Like

with big Fireworks on Video i hope? Just kidding, sorry for your loss Got a NESE 12S6P system and 75 Samsung Q30(bought in May) brandnew never used, maybe an option for you-PM me )

second batch will take some time, but its no problem if you can wait … KTM orange is sick :heart_eyes: if you preorder now its up to you, maybe better not because i have no time schdule actuall for next batch

1 Like

Graphene i like alot … got some 65C which are really strong… good choice

2 Likes

Received the elastomere dampers, they are also shorter than the uncompressed springs which makes it easier to install. Here a comparison:

Will mount the dampers on MTB but to get a feeling for them I mounted them on inner spring position on my unfinished urban carver. On the rear truck I mounted new springs and new yellow dampas also in inner position for comparison.

It’s hard to describe (also I didn’t ride the board), I guess the turning radius is about the same as springs with yellow dampas but I have to test it tomorrow on MTB and let you know. What I can say so far is that the dampers feel different, smoother and more stable or in 2 words: I like :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Also they look like freaking dark-energy-flux-power-transfer-tubes! Which is really awesome in comparison to “oh look a spring”

2 Likes

But are they better, that is the question :grin: personally i like the spring look way better.

Yeah i guess we get some feedback soon. All 5 Kits are sold.

1 Like

I just did my first ride on those new gummi „dampers“, only on the road nothing heavy because it was just a ride to a restaurant without any protection.

they feel solid. tomorrow I will test more in the forest. also mounted new motors. so I need to get the feeling for them too.

but I think I am happy. dismounted my oildamper to not influence the feeling

2 Likes

I returned from my first 20km ride mainly concentrating on the characteristics of the elastomere dampers and their limits.

Holy sh** they are fu***** great motherfu**ers :grin:

The turning radius is better It is easier to steer, feels a bit like a longboard truck, very smooth. At higher speeds (40-45 km/h) it is still stable but more sensitive than springs with yellow dampas but feels safe. If you put more pressure on the dampers you can do crazy turns even at slow speeds. I rode on concrete, grass, gravel and on BMX track. I’m afraid I’ll wear down my tires faster in the future because of hardcore carving :laughing:

Because it’s hard to describe I wanted to shoot a small video tomorrow showing what they can do. Unfortunately 1 brand new bushing broke within 20 km on the rear hanger so I’m not sure if I can make it tomorrow, need to do some further inspections first.

I won’t go back to springs

You have no idea how often people say " ah you have suspension", this time is over.

7 Likes

Supercool, been waiting for a web shop of your parts.
Just, I think European law makes you make a pop up or banner to tell viewers you have cookies. And in germany an opt out is mandatory… if you are on WP there is a germanized cookie policy with opt out plugin.

Ill test mine on Sunday, and will give feedbacks here

Sounds good, looking forward to the video. Will be moving to 12s this weekend (10km/h faster), so more stability is good.

Don’t get how you destroy your bushings so fast though. Still got the original ones. Might have something to do with me riding unsensored? Practically no torque at low speed.

1 Like

I did it :sunglasses:

Elastomere dampers at different speeds and terrains. There is no pre-tension on the dampers in this video, maximum turning ability. The time of hopping is over.

Just to help others because I didn’t mount them properly.

Glue the M8 grub screws with red Loctite into the thread of the dampers (the aluminium part, no idea what’s the name, @NoWind called it rounded sexy shit)

When it’s cured you can insert it from bottom into the thread of the baseplate and adjust the pre-tension later from top, just like springs.

When mounting/dismounting, the rounded sexy shit on top remains there. Just tighten/loose the bottom screws and take the elastomere with bottom sexy shit. I did it 3 times so far and it’s possible without clamps.

8 Likes

Thanks for the reviews/info. Does that mean the back elastomere didn’t actually break? Just installation error?

And FYI, Can’t see video due to copyright BS.

2 Likes

@rich

The YouTube video didn’t work because of orchard music copyright? I am interested in it! :eyes:

2 Likes