E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

kv is determined by how the copper is wound in the motor and finally how it is terminated in either delta or wye. After the motor is manufactured the kv stays the same regardless of gearing… although it is a factor in max. velocity/speed.

Sure, true that,…I mean the Motor KV you are choosing is dependent on Gearing-Wheeldiameter-Voltage-Motorefficiency and the aimed Top-Speed. In my expereinces Reality was Minus 15-20% of the Perfect “Mathematically” calculated Top Speed (Trough all Power losses by Motor, Drag,…)

Sorry the Binding-Topic did not left me sleeping. And i had a Plan with an unused Trampa-Velcro-Binding. So i turned the Velcro Bining into a Giant-Heel-Strap, with some cutting, drilling,… First try was just amazing, feels nearly like a Snowboard Binding, even with Light Hicking-Boots. Specially compared to the tiny-Trampa-heelstrap.

greets Notger

7 Likes

Wow - nice idea @notger!! I love how high they come up and the curve fits perfect.

Yeah - sorry for hijacking your thread @nowind - this could really be a topic in it’s own right - I might actually create one and link to this to remove traffic.

I have some spare Trampa camlocks toe straps - I might add the ratchets from my Trampa heels and see if I can magic something up too! :punch:

Your board looks like an absolute beast btw!

…It is in my opinion, even though I’m quite satisfied with 2 X 2KW (right now).

Hahaha Bindings are a very big point of happy riding and board control for sure. I personally need at least some highback boots for ankle support… tryed differnt shoes/bindings/straps… now the Moto18 Boots… not easy to find the point where you get enough suppot and control without getting to restricted…

The 80100 is 130kv, i´m running 12S on 9Inch wheels…its calculated at 30mph / 50kmh…

Will be using the Vesc6 yes, as @BigBoyToys mentioned the way back to RC controllers is not really possible… its true that the motor could take alot more amps but hey i guess it will be strong enough…

Was really happy with the Leopards, but its damaged… and i saw on Dereks APS8072 that the copper fillment is lower then on the Leopard so i go with 80100… btw i got the wider truck that suit the 100mm length … just will cut the extendet rear shaft of course

Its just for fun, frustrated kids needs overpriced toys :joy:

7 Likes

FYI in case there is a next time, APS said they are able to customize copper fill in their motors as well as KV ;),

1 Like

Will the narrower truck fit the leopards? Possibly without cage but not with cage I suppose…

Does how much copper fill change kv? Not really sure what that would be doing.

So the most badass setup would seem to be the 80100 with more fill right @BigBoyToys?

1 Like

Seems that way! I think Jens is using a special extra long hanger to fit them though.

1 Like

Yes Dual 8082 APS fits…

Leopard is shorter so it will fit too

@BigBoyToys Longer Hanger yes…

5 Likes

So dual 8082 fit the mini spring trucks fine… but to step up to the dual 80100 you need the regular length spring trucks?

How does the encoder fit into all of this if I wanted to go that route? I’m sure that adds some space.

no mini vertigo i talked about the regular MTB hanger

They are pictures of the regular MTB hanger with 8072 Leos and Encoders… fits well

@Nowind

So 80mm isn’t possible on mini hangar period?

And in the larger hangar you can run up to a 80100?

Just was wondering something. Is there a way to do 107mm superflys in your DD or is 5” the smallest?

1 Like

No 80mm on Mini Truck No 80mm on Mini Drive Max 8082 on Regular Truck and Regular Direct Drive Min 5Inch wheels on Mini Drive

Oh so you are using a custom hangar to fit the dual 80100?

Is the nothing less than 5” a clearance issue or just a trampa hub compatibility issue? Seems like if so you could make an adapter to mount a 107mm :o

Also I just realized the APS motors are loosing what looks to be 20mm because of the adapters. Looks like the 80100 could fit on the regular MTB hangar if the DD housing bolt hole pattern could be changes to accept 80mm mounting

Ähm, sorry but i tink you missunderstand that.

what i read is that jenso does not use 80100APS he uses 8072APS and he speakt about the standard MTB Hangers wich will fit the 8072 no custom longer hnagers.

inbetwenn my Dual Direct Drive (MTB not Mini) there is 230mm,… so minus ~15mm for Mounting adapter ther is maximum 200mm=2X100mm Space inbetween it might tightly fit two 80100 but without encoder and just if APS 80100 means real 100mm (like i told in my experience 100, 80, 74,…is just a rough naming for the actual real Motorlength, not the real length in mm expl. sk3 6374 is more like 82mm in real)

so @Ackmaniac is 8072 real 72mm Motor length ?

APS 80mm motor’s come in 8085 amd 80100 sizes. The leopards are the 8072’s. The 80mm motors require an adaptor plate to mate them with the direct drive system due to the difference in the bolt pattern of the 63 vs 80mm bolt pattern. The adaptor plate Takes up some space which is why the 80100’s wont fit. I believe he is using a longer hanger to make it work.

Any other options for a 80100 that doesn’t require adapter?

Why do you think two 8085 would not be Stong enough ?

2 Likes

I guess you do have a point. Might be added headache for fitting and added weight. Might not even be that big of a difference from a 8085 torque :confused:

1 Like