E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

Could be 2 weeks :wink:

4 Likes

Could be used for weight lifting not just for boarding. This is sick!:slight_smile:

1 Like

NoWind + 6374 = NoTorque :laughing: Man this APS motor looks scary, should be MoTorque!

1 Like

eMTB car towing service :joy:

4 Likes

THiS iS Fµck!ng SCAAARRY !!! :imp: iaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Wtf size motor is that?!?

Is that an 80100?

Haha yeah really thinking about 4WD for the Autumn/Winter, many super nice mud trails deep in the woods But i guess with some 63mm motors on the Fronttruck… 6384 …

Checked Tracking right now : “The shipment has cleared customs in the destination country” Looks good Dude

LOL , i was happy with the Leopards but after shredding one … tried to connect customer service of the shop where i bought them but no reaction… so anyway now we go with this little fu***ers

Really in direct comparsion, after some weeks with the Leo´s the SK3´s feels not good on low rpm… maybe the 149kv is alot better, but 192kv was just lame on startup

YESSSS 80100 APS

2 Likes

It’s a rebranded maytech. What ESC will you use with that beast? Apparently, it goes up to 14S.

VESC 6 would be a bottle neck but I bet Jens will have a hard time switching back to RC stuff lol.

Just one question : was you a frustrated kid during your childhood ? :smile:

1 Like

APS website shows a 150kv motor rated to 18s and 7000w, rpm = watts so less rpm will equal less watts but huge torque, but maybe Jenso has a diff kv with a diff. rating, so it comes down to the two, one being his volts.

The one I found was just 130kv. 150 appears to be custom made for APS. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Maytech-80100-130KV-DC-brushless-motor_60366808170.html

Would a higher KV really make that much of a difference in supported voltage? Other factor could be higher temp magnets + copper.

1 Like

Did he even say what kv it is?

What do you do about that giant motor shaft? Just cut it down to size I suppose?

It’s actually a rebrand of an rebrand of an rebrand of an… Also Turnigy where Producing them as 80100 and 8085, i think they do not produce them anymore.

I think APS let’s them produce by “Freerchobby” a Chinese Motor Factory https://frchobby.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.61m3J6

I did order several custom Motors from them for e-bike builts. You can order Custom KV and also Custom Motor-length exmpl 80100 = 80mm Diameter ~100mm length,
i ordered a custom Hallsensored 100KV 8070 (was ~90mm length at the end 80100 is ~110mm in real, so be careful there)
Freerchobby finnished and shipped them within 2 weeks and they look absolutely similar to APS-Motors just without the Alien pinted on the Motors.

I think for Dual MTB two 8085 would be totally enough even 8060 if that is possible, and we might not get troubles with the space inbetween the motor-Mounts

I Usa a custom sensored 6374 135KV also from Freerchobby (similar but not the same as sk3). Sure my setup just has a endspeed of 35km/h, but enormous Torque at low RPM (i do not have comparission to Leos, but i would not know why i would need more torque), ans 35km/h is plenty enough for the Alpine-Single-Trails i ride here in Austria.

…So i guess your assumption is right the 192KV Motors might be Lame at low RPMS

KV is always just depending on your Gearing, BatteryVolts and aimed Top-Speed. So this can be not really get standardiced. I guess Jenso is using something between 150 and 190 KV

1 Like

But to be honest i never owned Leopard Motors. And yes Jenso managed to destroy them, but that is no leveling board. still i think the Leos might be better Quality than the Freerchobby, APS, maytech, Turnigy,Whatever 80100, 8085

Wealth of information. Dang, at times it is hard to figure out where stuff actually comes from. I have the SK3 149KV, but currently only have it set to 25A max battery per motor. Looking forward to trying it at 50 once I have received new lipos.

If that does not get me up the hills around here I have to order something bigger. Looking forward to your experience Nowind.

P.S. I believe you can still save that Leopard with the right kind of glue. ASI HP 4000 for example.

Like i said,… i use two APS/Freerchobby 6374 130KV in the Alps (I guess compareable to sk3) Now in Autum i can climb any steep Hill (possible traction-wise) without getting the Motors to their limit or to more than “Handwarm”. (Haven’t had or tried them in Summertime)

But to be honest I’m satisfied with 2 X 2000Watts (Focbox/EtoxxDirectrive5:1/Trampa9"Wheels)

Thats why i think 8085 (95mm in Real-length) or even smaller are more than enough for ? maybe 2 X >4KW, (But isn’t that just crazy and worthless ?)

They are rebranded Turnigy’s

Yes,… but still a little Different in Measurements (And Probably Quality). I Had both infront of me and turnigys seemed a bit more carefully Produced, just optically. Powerwise i did not ever felt differences on my ebike setups (turnigy seemed to run a bit cooler tough >3KW compared to the APS/Freechobbys)

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/8/6/5/1/0/a3473248-191-Turnigy%20c8085-250%20%281%29.jpg?d=1284426851