E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

Its 14 Pole Motor, thats what Leopard sold it as

must be picture angle you can see 10 magnets… lots more than half… :wink:

1 Like

Hey man loving your updates! I get pretty excited anytime I see an update on your posts. Hey are those snowboard boots?? Been thinking some super light ThirtyTwo Boots could work well - defo need the extra support when you go hard :muscle:

need some “NoSno” style bindings Dan bro… they be unicorn tears

I’ve thought about using my motorcross boots… but too heavy too restrictive…

1 Like

Haha unicorn tears must taste bloody beautiful! I gotta say I’m loving my MBS F5 bindings but just feel like I need a bit more. The problem for me is when you edge hard your heel lifts so you loose your ability to dig in - obviously on a snowboard the board contorts and the heel stays on the board to help you push that edge away. You almost need the calf brace that a SB binding has to help you stay in control.

It’s funny, mountainboarding has been around for a while now - you’d think those guys would have the same issues? Maybe being able to accelerate at different points (like around corners) adds a new dynamic? Or maybe I’m just a shit mountainboarder :joy:

the width of the mtb hanger must play in to it? freeride/downhill you lucky if you get a old truck bushing to press your toe against… SB guys rarely get as low as DH… be a reason for that, just sayin…

Yeah ! NW still in the game !! Gorgeous fast rebuild … and WOW 1kW :blush: Sound so extremly good !!!

:astonished: I missed something or suddenly your trucks looks much wider ?? Just the motor size who give this effect maybe … (or I still have eyes glued to the WE :smile: )

PS : Perfect workspace !

1 Like

Yeah due, your trucks are! wider, what have you done Jens??? Well spotted Riako.

1 Like

So far i love it… they are light and not too stiff… You get more steering, more comfortable ride, warm foots (-; Need more riding but i guess this will be my choice from now Its the Burton MOTO 18… a “beginner/lowcost” boot

I tryed Motocross ones too but as you said they are stiff as hell… no good Thought about regular Bindings from Snowboard, but step after step, dont think that i will upgrade after the first weekend with Boots only…

Eagle Eyed Dude (-;

Riako is right, Trucks are wider … Give me some more time, actually its just a test… Will give you some updates once i ride them longer

3 Likes

Aha! Yeah I’ve tried the Motos out - a really good boot for the money! They weren’t stiff enough for my snowboard but would be great for an emtb. Be really interested to know how you get on. My current snowboard boots are way too bulky and they felt ridiculous on my emtb so might have to keep an eye out for a slimmer pair. My Vans Sk8 will have to do in the meantime - zero padding though!

Hey @Nowind just saw these which could be an interesting option for eMTB in the future:

I personally feel that the hibacks will significantly help with carving, support and injury prevention.

How so? Does it have some kind of quick release system?

It’s all about the cleats :wink:

That Snowboard Stuff really nice, still -> Wintertime is snowboarding Time -> Summertime is E-Mtb Time

i personally do not want to ride around with -20Boots with +40°C in High Summer.

So i Guess a Good Solution is still some Nice Rigid - Mountain-Hicking-Boot + some Binding Updates

My personal Combination is the Following MBS F5 Binding plus the Flame Hell Strap wich ist about twice as Big as the Trampa Heel Strap or also the MBS F5 Heels Strap are Quite good and big compared to little Trampas Updateing that is really different Driving compared to the Trampa Bindings.

@trampa You could/should look into some more stable Binding Option like the Flame or MBS Bindings/HeelStraps in my Opinion, Those freaking e-Mtb Riders are getting more and more, and we need quite some Stability

https://www.rideflame.de/remotemodules/product_presentation/342388/800x600_ebfb6bbe2ec838156b3796e69989df13.jpeg?rand=1508764647 https://mbseurope.com/product/mbs-f5-heelstraps/ https://mbseurope.com/product/mbs-f5-bindings/

3 Likes

@DanSkates Nice find Dude, looks cool as hell… unfortunally it will no fit my brand new Moto 18 :joy:

1 Like

Hahahaha - I’m sure you could CNC some parts to make them work! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I gotta agree - Trampa make AMAZING boards, but the straps, whilst they would probably last 100x longer than the MBS padded ones, do lack comfort and stability. I guess there’s a bit of trade off there. I own the F5 toe straps but use Trampa heels - I’ll likely grab the F5 healstraps too to complete the combo…

1 Like

Try the Flame Heels-Straps, the are quite stiff/rigid, so you get even more Heels support that with the Padded F5 MBS Heel-Straps, … the Flame Straps are actually the cheapes, but best Heel straps i know until now (! only downside is that they come without Ratchet but all other Ratchets Trampa/MBS are compatible to the Flames)

1 Like

After the first Run with the Turnigy SK3-6374-192kv i was really dissapointed in direct comparsion of torque…

So how to explain :joy:

Remember when i said this ?

It was comparsion of 63mm with Leopard 8072 …

okay lets do this again : This is where a 8072 Motor starts to look tiny

Holy Shit

Never enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

I knew this would happen… I predict 4WD beast with those in few months :smiley: pure awesomeness!

1 Like