Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

Longer/wider esk8 evo clone would be rad.

3 Likes

I like the Livestream deck too

1 Like

I like that too, and I want to make it, because the current evo isnā€™t long enough for my liking.

Iā€™d say if someone wants a board pressed, weā€™re ready. We have open presses, and can begin right away.

Both group buys which are being started, will go down, but I do so much custom work, I can throw you in now.

4 Likes

Welp, made some progress on a few fronts. A buddy wants help setting up a little crazy project using mountain board hardware, and he brought another set up, itā€™s a 20 battery set up. The monster truck board is going to have 28 batteries. I have no idea who made any of this stuff, can anyone help me with this? My buddy is going to tell me where he got it all, Iā€™m sure on Amazonā€¦ Aside from that, we pressed a 12 ply doobie mold which will be used in the 39" deck for the first group buy. I donā€™t want group buys to be perceived as the only way to get a setup through us. It will cost more to do anything one off, but once Iā€™ve amassed the designs, and machining techniques, might be able to lower that cost. Weā€™re still very affordable. We are going to do a few group buys for skate decks meant to be powered howeverā€¦

Here is the battery for the mountain monster. IMG_1067 IMG_1065 IMG_1060 IMG_1058 IMG_1051 Gonna have to rise this one up more, and who knows, it might not work at all.
The wheels might just hit until we rise it up 3" Taking bets as to how many riser weā€™ll end up riding it withā€¦

IMG_1050 IMG_1032 This should be something I should be able to positively seal. Even if itā€™s a bit messy to take apartā€¦

Doobie mold 12 ply. It feels very solid, and Iā€™m stoked to remove a bunch of material off the bottom of the board. Iā€™d like a very battery heavy set up, like the goup buy will be. I should have something machined inside of this next few days on that. (probably more like a week). Check out these pictures of the doobie mold. I am so stoked on this for electric skateboards, because it has a HUGE stance on it. Even with your feet between the wheels, it is still a nice wide stance inside the drops. With one foot back behind the wheels on the kick, it has tonā€™s of room, and will guaranteed transport itā€™s riders into another dimension. There isnā€™t an inch on this platform you canā€™t stand on. Exactly what I wanted to design here.

IMG_1068 IMG_1070 IMG_1075 IMG_1074

This battery is paired to an identical motor and truck set up with the same size wheels. I am unsure as to what weā€™re going to put this set up on, but Iā€™d love help getting through this.

IMG_1066 IMG_1065 IMG_1064 IMG_1063 Then there are these two controllers I have no idea what they go toā€¦

1 Like

Next move is to press the FIberglass Bamboo/maple hybrid layup Iā€™ve been on about. It will be as thick as a 10 ply deck or a bit thicker, but it will also be about as stiff as can be with that layup and size. Without cutting into the bottom of the deck, in order to make molds for enclosures do CNC fixture for that purpose with all the appropriate geometry. The vacuum bag is only days away from being real, which means post CNC composite laminations.

We just acquired a seemingly nice vacuum pump. Well, itā€™s a fridge. Not getting any information about it yet in searches, but itā€™s medically certified whatever that might mean. I bet this would have the kind of pump we can run in continuous mode without using any air like a venturi would do. Nice and quiet operations. Here are some pictures in case someone whoā€™s an expert in refrigeration is also into DIY Eskate.

IMG_1094 IMG_1090 IMG_1092 IMG_1095 IMG_1093 IMG_1091 IMG_1097 IMG_1096

Howā€™s that for derailing my thread?

6 Likes

I want to also keep this thread up. Gonna put pics up here and if anyone wants to talk about other builds not mentioned else where this is tie place for that.

Finished this puppy up. Still have to round tie rails top and bottom and then seal it up. I might still route the channel deeper. image image image

5 Likes

I havenā€™t seen the other side yet, maybe take pictures

1 Like

image image

7 Likes

image image image image

9 Likes

image image image

7 Likes

image I am so stoked about the stance on this board! Get ready for full throttle power mannies! I still might put a uhmw tail protector on it.

8 Likes

ā€Ž Lies

5 Likes

JARED, THIS LOOKS AMAZING, WHAT ARE YOU CALLING IT? Sorry if I missed it aboveā€¦

1 Like

That looks like the shit dude. B-E-A-utiful. Quick question what are the milled out spots on the tail for? Motors?

1 Like

He said mainly weight

2 Likes

Love it man. beautiful work! Whatā€™s the weight of final board!

Before routing a significant amount off of the rails top and bottom the weight is 5.8 lbs. Iā€™d rather put the board back down on the table and cut more out of the middle, because it feels stiff as nuts, and take more off the wheel wells, and also the tail pockets. That all might bring it down to below 5.5 lbs, then after routing all the rails healthily, and adding back on plenty of clearcoat maybe the final weight will remain below that 5.5 or even 5.25 lbs or 2.38136 kg.

3 Likes

Nice one man!!! looks cool af
ps if anyone asks for a handle tell them to go jump. :wink:

5 Likes

That is a good question! Well as the tradition goes, it must start with the letter D. Any suggestions on what to name it?

The final specs are:

L39" (99cm) W10" (25.4cm) WB 26"-29" (66cm-73.66cm) Tail 6.5"-8" (16.5cm-20.3cm) Mild Rocker W concave Microdrops Flush mounts wheel wells 7.5 ply deep

Hereā€™s a shot of the concave.

9 Likes

The stiffer, the better. That makes batteries et al last longer