Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

Aw shit, you just warmed my heart friend.

3 Likes

The mold is occupied for the next few days but as soon as we get that one done, weā€™re gonna press a blank eskate, 12 ply to get going on this project.

Also Iā€™m pressing one in the DK HUGE mold, for 26 or so inch wheel base.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think much of anyone is doing ollieā€™s with esk8 boards. Only point in a kicktail on esk8 for me is

1. locking in my rear foot
  2. lifting the front just a bit when hitting somthing with a big lip 3)helping to pick up the board without completely bending over. (4-Wheelies)
6 Likes

Please donā€™t forget Riding manuals and Dragging tail.

2 Likes

Manuals im into. Tail dragging at the speeds i go with how these boards are waitedā€¦ naw lol. I understand why a flatter tail at 42 inches is necessary. Im looking for something like the moonshine outlaw or sidekick.

So you want a full length rocker then Iā€™d assume. That is the main point of those boards is the rocker goes all the way to the tail.

It seems pretty mild of a rocker. Definitely donā€™t want camber.

When I say full rocker I mean full length rocker. And it isnā€™t mild. It is easily moderate and it might be what I consider deep.

@drangboards so i just dropped a deposit on a steel press frame to replace my broken wooden one and have decided to keep pressing my own decks. Eventually iā€™ll add all kinds of fancy pneumatic/hydraulics and buttons to it but for now iā€™m sticking with bottle jacks.

however, this coming year i will be looking to design/have designed new molds for new decks. Would you be interested in making molds for people that already have presses?

Basically the problem here is that @treenutter is becoming a threat to me and now that heā€™s making so many awesome decks i have to respond in some way to maintain my masculinity. I tried just getting him to move down to Florida by making it really cold and dry where he lives with my weather controlling powers but he refuses to move to where the humidity is perfect for veneer all year round. So now that i wonā€™t be able to just invite him over and eat him to absorb his powers, i have to make more decks.

20 Likes

How many have you already absorbed powers from?

3 Likes

just a few failed startups, nothing to be concerned about. I donā€™t just go around consuming people, you know. Iā€™m picky.

14 Likes

I say we have a battle royale one builder to rule all the land. :grin:

2 Likes

Itā€™s better this way, I taste terrible!

11 Likes

I for one would love to see a RE and LHB mash up

5 Likes

Please ignore all these people ragging on you and telling you to ā€˜focusā€™ and all this shit. GUYS this is not a fucking sales thread. Ivā€™e seen this happen in this community way too many times, and its a shitty attitude. Itā€™s the exact attitude that drives developers away from interacting with this forum.

THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD TO TALK ABOUT DEVELOPMENT

Itā€™s your project, and your shop! Do it your way, because clearly you know what you are doing(more than most here) and are doing a great job. 9/10 of the people here complaining have never pressed their own deck, or even produced something themselves before.

Keep up the good work, I REALLY like the deck that is being prepared for the group buy, I think there is interest for that exact deck design in the US market as well.

10 Likes

I think the plan is going to be for both EU and US, but I offered myself to redistribute in EU first. I guess USA will be 100 times easier

1 Like

We can do this. The materials to make molds will depend on the solidity of your press. We use MDF for molds, because our presses are inherently stiff. Other materials Iā€™d have to figure out with you.

Agreed. Pretty soon Iā€™m going to start a thread for that specific deck. Likely weā€™ll be doing other group buys for other decks too. If anyone wants a custom, with itā€™s own needs, we want to do that too. All I do all day is custom CNC cuts.

4 Likes

Hey @drangboards, If I were to design a new deck in CAD, would you be able to make it(it will be a very few pieces)? Or do I have to design around the moulds that you already have? If latter, then how do we go about it?

Mostly thinking about a fat deck that will be routed at specific places to accommodate batteries, esc, ā€¦ and a lid.

1 Like

IF it was designed in CAD, we would need to make a male/female, or a female only mold depending on the bending requirements, and then weā€™d have to make a fixture to hold it down on the CNC for cutting. Mold cost can be as low as $200.

Fixture cost can be as low as $200

Tell me what the mold would look like. There is a chance we already have something that can work for your needs.

1 Like