DIY Trigger Style Remote with Telemetry - Complete Guide

Sounds like you are using the wrong library.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/diy-trigger-style-remote-with-telemetry-complete-guide/48231/302?u=ervinelin

Make sure u clear out the old library first. This refers to the older Rollinggecko vesc library, replace it with solidgeeks.

You’re right, it was a problem with the library. But the problem has been solved with this library … (https://github.com/RollingGecko/VescUartControl/tree/VESC6)

Thank you very much for your help

Glad to be of some help…

But from what I remember u might need solidgeeks version for the latest vesc firmware… I think telemetry won’t work using the Rollinggecko version.

what does the lc filter do and do u need it to work corect?

can i use this hall effect? SS49E https://www.tinytronics.nl/shop/nl/componenten/overige/oh49e-hall-effect-switch-ss49e-compatible

In some cases it was critical… Especially with the older NRF module. My more recent versions have done away with it and just use a series of capacitors instead.

1 Like

Can’t read the German. But should work. My current hall sensor uses 3V not 5V.

1 Like

can i use the new receiver with the old remote?

Should be able to. My new remotes connect to old receivers.

1 Like

is there a schematic for the new remote? or an updated guide

No time to do one changing job and moving so will be too busy to do so.

Will try to post an update in May.

3 Likes

Hello, Can you send me the link to download the correct library? it only allows me to compile with the RollingGecko library …

Thank you

You have to hunt it down in the forum. Again look for solidgeeks version not rolling gecko.

Hello, I continue to have problems in the compilation of the receiver. I have installed this library:

And I have this error message: receiver_VESC6:45:20: error: aggregate ‘bldcMeasure uartData’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

struct bldcMeasure uartData;

^

receiver_VESC6:56:20: error: aggregate ‘bldcMeasure measuredValues’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

struct bldcMeasure measuredValues;

^

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\Arduino\Mando Sk8\nRF24-Esk8-Remote-master\receiver_VESC6\receiver_VESC6.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:

receiver_VESC6:63:26: error: ‘SetSerialPort’ was not declared in this scope

SetSerialPort(&SERIALIO);

^

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\Arduino\Mando Sk8\nRF24-Esk8-Remote-master\receiver_VESC6\receiver_VESC6.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\Arduino\Mando Sk8\nRF24-Esk8-Remote-master\receiver_VESC6\receiver_VESC6.ino:82:52: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type [-Woverflow]

radio.writeAckPayload(pipe, &data, sizeof(data));

^

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\Arduino\Mando Sk8\nRF24-Esk8-Remote-master\receiver_VESC6\receiver_VESC6.ino: In function ‘void getVescData()’:

receiver_VESC6:133:35: error: ‘VescUartGetValue’ was not declared in this scope

if ( VescUartGetValue(uartData) )

^

exit status 1 aggregate ‘bldcMeasure uartData’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

thank you very much for your help and patience!

I’ve read the full Feather Remote and Firefly nano threads but I’m gonna ask a question here without reading through the full thread. Sorry in advance.

If I understand correctly there the parts list on the first page uses outdated hardware? There is already a new remote?

What are the main differences between old and new and is there a parts list for the new remote?

2 possible things.

1. Did you manually remove the old rolling gecko UART library yet?
  2. Are you trying to compile my version of the receiver? If so I think the one online is outdated.

The new remote is easier to build by miles. I would also argue it’s more reliable.

It uses different Arduino and NRF boards. A custom PCB and a redesigned casing.

If you read a few posts up, you will know I plan to update these in May. Too busy this month.

2 Likes

I have manually deleted the Rolling Gecko library and installed the SolidGeek library correctly and the error persists. I am trying to compile your receiver version. I downloaded it from the GitHub Master. Please, can you update the online version?

Thank a lot

Wouldn’t make sense to just upload the receiver alone. Like I mentioned I am swamped this month. Will put up a proper update in May.