DIY Trigger Style Remote with Telemetry - Complete Guide

Do you have any PCB’s around? id like 3 or 4 if you do.

is it posible to make a remote without the pcbs?

1 Like

Better off just ordering them from EasyEDA.

Yes, but you will go crazy soldering 1001 wires to each other. Also there’s always a higher risk of one of the wires dislodging.

My first remote was like this (see first post).

1 Like

@ervinelin great remote! Don’t suppose you have the original cad files posted somewhere so I can remix for a colour oled? Will happily make the update available.

Cheers

PM me direct

Pm’d. Cheers

Hello, was just wondering if you could use the Adafruit Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266 as the main board. Is the pin out the same as the arduino nano. Also would i need to change the code for the wifi module?

Totally different. You would need to change the code completely, this won’t even run an Arduino sketch.

1 Like

Oh ok, thank you. So is the feather m0 basic the same pin out? Also is there an other cheaper place to buy them from then right from adafruit.

All of them have different pin outs I think…

Mine is specifically for the 328P feathers. I bought them from Mouser, it was the cheapest for me because buying a few meant free shipping.

Have you had a chance to put together a wiring diagram?

Not yet, been so busy I haven’t even skated much in the past few months…

Hi Leander, I’m currently working on a version with the HUZZAH32. It is completely different from Arduino but my goal is to program it using MicroPython (with multithreading!). I think ESP32 is better because with BLE you can connect the remote to your phone and tune some settings or download telemetry data. Anyway, I’m almost done with my work, when I finish it I will publish it here.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, I suspect you using ESP-Now for the radio/board link?

I use BLE also for the remote-board connection. The reciever will be an HUZZAH32 or just a BLE module (like the HM-10) connected to an Arduino (this solution is cheaper)

1 Like

Nice… Looking forward We need trigger remotes…

1 Like

Crazy how many diy remotes coming at the moment! Awesome!!

Firefly Remote Firefly nano remote Feather remote Trigger style remote … a lot more are in development and of course I forgot a lot project…

3 Likes

Hello, I have this error in the transmitter, someone can help me. Thank you very much

Arduino:1.8.8 (Windows 7), Tarjeta:“Arduino Nano, ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)”

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\Arduino\Mando Sk8\receiver_VESC6\receiver_VESC6.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:

receiver_VESC6:70:25: error: ‘SetSerialPort’ was not declared in this scope

SetSerialPort(SERIALIO);

^

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\Arduino\Mando Sk8\receiver_VESC6\receiver_VESC6.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\Arduino\Mando Sk8\receiver_VESC6\receiver_VESC6.ino:89:52: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type [-Woverflow]

radio.writeAckPayload(pipe, &data, sizeof(data));

^

exit status 1 ‘SetSerialPort’ was not declared in this scope

Captura