DIY Trigger Style Remote with Telemetry - Complete Guide

i am trying to gear up a hobbyIMG_0026 sky 2.4 remote to my swagboard any advice on how to wire it? does the receiver need to be external? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I don’t understand. You are asking me about another remote? I won’t know, this thread is about my specific remote.

1 Like

Anyone on here got the old Gerber files? Because I have the parts laying around for the old one. :slight_smile: Bc on easyeda are only the new PCB files.

Hi @ervinelin 2 small questions after reading the full thread:

1. Im using an app to quickly switch ride settings trough bluetooth. Is this still possible with your receiver (when the remote is not connected I guess)
  2. Is the distance, lifetime distance or trip?

Thank you

1. Only possible if u running dual escs. Then one is connected to a Bluetooth module, the other to the remote. Via the Bluetooth module and app you can adjust settings to both escs through the can bus.

2. Trip only. Never figured out how to do a proper odo.

Thanks!

10c

Did you have to adjust the code from eeprom to something else with the feathers? Mine boots right on a uno and a micro, but I get an eeprom error on my feather proto m0. Am I using the correct transmitter code?

Any updates?

@ervinelin can I buy one?? I will pay how much you say

@ervinelin are you planning any updates?

Where can I find the most recent stl files? I tired looking everywhere in the thread, but I couldn’t fint it :confused:

carry on here gents

forum./t/twinsen-s-3d-printed-nrf-remote-v2/21263

1 Like

ask him there ^

Hi, does anyone has to original PCB file for the transmitter with Arduino nano ? I can find only the one using Feather. They are quite expensive i would rather use Arduino… Thanks

Has anyone tried building this remote recently? Curious if the BOM on DIY Esk8 Remote V2 - Parts List - Google Sheets is still comparable with the STLs on DIY Trigger Style Electric Skateboard Remote by modminiman - Thingiverse .

Unfortunately it looks like this project was abandoned, on the linked youtube video OP seems to state that he has dismantled all his e-skateboard equipment due to the hobby being made illegal in his country which would explain why the finished project never seemed to have been uploaded. I’d like to take a stab at reviving this as it seems to be that OP posted most necessary firmware and PCB updates, but the STL files on thingiverse seem to include slightly different dimensions for the circuity board and buttons.

Is there anyone else out there who has taken a stab at this build? I am also curious about whether or not the 7 pin on the arduino feather needs to be shorted to ground on the currently uploaded pcb designs

If anyone out there is interested in attempting the design of this that uses the v2 parts and pcb designs, I posted an updated model based on the photos in the thread Modminiman trigger remote update by erreib - Thingiverse