Discussion about DIY vendors, delivery delays, communication, and transparency

LHB INCOMING, popcorn.

7 Likes

Definitely glad Iā€™m working from home today. Although I donā€™t have any popcorn, just coffeeā€¦

2 Likes

I hope youā€™re getting an idea of the solidarity of community, despite delays, despite teething issues.

Hell we even let Frank and Jason chime in from time to time :wink:

5 Likes

ms-4ZPjCy

7 Likes

I actually had such a craving for popcorn the other day. I need to get some

1 Like

Itā€™s great; I honestly think I spent as much time building/designing parts rather than riding my boardā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m just going to come out here like i always do and drop truth bombs.

Iā€™ve never built the same board twice. Not a single board was like like the one before it, not even now. But all of them are welcome to come back for upgrades and refreshes and yes, routine maintenance. Almost exactly half of my boards have come back for one reason or another. I am soooo not ashamed of that. Hereā€™s a bulleted list of reasons why some of my more notorious builds have come back:

• guy tells me his board wonā€™t turn off, i say send it back. I had recent;y found an issue with my eswitches and knew what was up. he says he wants to keep riding it. I say no, bad idea, he says its fineā€¦ he floats the fets on his eswitch which heat up and short the BMS killing the board completely after causing a small and very contained fire inside the box which suffocated immediately. This after heā€™s managed to smash the shit out of it which caused the whole thing. Broken phase leads and signs of neglect and abuse everywhere, never mind that he raped my artwork. I replaced his deck, got Jerry to throw in some carvons after a good wait like you do for Jerry, and the motherfucker ended up with an AWD carvon build on a brand new deck. Tell him i said hey, i know you talk to him. Pretty sure heā€™s where you got MY numbers you were throwing around like you knew shit on your own.

• CoCo Chanel is on its way back for a new remote and some Carvons on the rear that he got second hand. Always down for upgrades, and even cross-grades and retro-grades if you want it.

• Natural wood stain with circuit patterns came back after they let their friend borrow it who promptly cartwheeled it into a curb and smashed it all to shit, including some of the electronics when the battery slid forward after breaking the silicone and heat shrink seals. New deck, checked battery, needs new FocBoxes, still on the bench waiting for ESCs and a response from the customer.

• More recent witchblade GT on SR wheels with a black and red hex pattern and white mountain design came back for a new remote. Interference in their area that weā€™ve not seen before. We swapped it for free using a remote of their choosing.

• Tron board wanted all manner of shit that was unsustainable and i did it anyway, and he ultimately ended up with a complete replacement based on a deck that was a motherfucking christmas present to me by the first bullet point. Much to my mother fucking chagrin. But more to the point, the replacement was to replace the replacement. I built that motherfucker three boards and he sold the last one which was made from parts i may never be able to acquire again. Donā€™t let me find him in the street.

• Sword Board was a fucking Fiasco and I will never do a co-op build with NGV ever again, their parts are crap and just blow up and melt on a moments notice. So much shit went wrong and upside down on that. Iā€™m just glad i have nothing to do with it now because none of that shit inside is mine anymore. I like Stanly though, heā€™s such a character.

• YOU got the very first one. Of course its going to have problems, its the first mother fucking one sold. but i took care of you. I replaced your shit, fixed your shit, and went upside down on your wants and needs. Why? because i love all of my boards. I could give fuckall about the customers, its the boards i do it for. My blood is in them.

Say hi to your board, and that sassy little chica who was shredding the shit out of it in Vegas a few weeks ago. thatā€™s my crusher next to it. Iā€™m never going to lose track of that Black Metal Scarlet and i hope it comes back again because iā€™m the only one who knows how to whisper to it.

Every board i build is better than the last. You got the first and couldnā€™t hang with the growing pains. The first five almost bankrupted me but thatā€™s what i get for totally misreading my worth and trying to compete when there was no competition. There is still no real competition. Every commercial board out there is getting people ready for one of mine.

49 Likes

/thread

10char

3 Likes

Oh look, facts.

I believe every single word LHB just said, because despite his face heā€™s a straight forward, no nonsense, proven and direct individual. All of the qualities you appear to lack @Photorph - You should feel privileged to even be addressed by someone as talented as this.

Take notes.

12 Likes

Damn.

Respect @longhairedboy

4 Likes

when I bought my first board in 2015 (bajaboard) I was seriously looking at yours.

I started wish Iā€™d just gone with LHB and skipped that whole pneumatic thing and gone straight to thaneā€¦the more I hear how to treated customers the more I wish Iā€™d gotten the ā€˜rightā€™ one first time :wink:

5 Likes

also, @OllinBoardCompany is very, very close to my heart. So watch it. Iā€™ve spent so much time on the phone with J before that his wife came out to pry him off of it.

13 Likes

aw i love this :slight_smile:

I love reading the passion that true artists have for their craft :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welllā€¦There may be a little competition.:sunglasses:

20 Likes

only because you have been holding my precious gorilla tape hostage! and posting terrible things that youā€™re doing with it! I canā€™t escape your treachery!

10 Likes

@photorph paid about $1600 for the build he bought from me, just in case he didnā€™t mention that anywhere. That price barely covered the cost of parts, certainly didnā€™t cover the time. Man was i a dumbass.

10 Likes

Oooooh SNAP! INCOMING!!!

2 Likes

Muica_Too_Sexy_For_My_Chair

16 Likes

Iā€™m very excited to see @chaka 's reply. Heā€™s been at it a while. Itā€™s gonna be good!

11 Likes

I have gotten literally nothing done today. Damn, need to go vote. But I will wait for @chakaā€™s reply of course.

8 Likes