Discussion about DIY vendors, delivery delays, communication, and transparency

I’ll be here for a while, and if I sensor them people will say it’s fake. I just can’t win. Why doesn’t everyone just contact the previous customers themselves and find out? Simple.

No, do NOT censor them. Either they have the balls to make there little complaints in public or they are irrelevant.

4 Likes

it’s not about having balls, it’s the fact that anyone who makes complains gets shut down like I am here. So instead they I am being the voice of all those customers, and you call can shut me down. But I have the truth on my side, REAL people who have spend lots of money on these boards.

You said you had the proof. I don’t care how you post it. I suggested you put them in a dropbox folder or google drive folder and share it. If you don’t have one Ill send you a link to mine. I don’t care if its screenshots EML files, smoke signals or whatever, just do it.

4 Likes

This is called stereotyping just in case you didn’t know, and this is the reason that even some of our @moderators lost their shit when you posted it on reddit.

As someone who is still forced to take general ed history classes I can tell you that this kind of thinking is responsible for a lot of tension in society, and has a habit of spiraling out of control. When widespread, it’s also responsible for a lot of war.

While the issues mentioned in your post may be valid to a certain group of DIY builders, admitting that you’ve only bought from 3 or 4 and then writing a post that implies this is something that goes through the entire DIY world only hurts the community.

9 Likes

In my opinion the market has tons of little tune up’s whether DIY or market board. One of the first things that attracted me and fascinated me with the sport was the technical aspect of it. I have owned a couple company boards and built a couple of my own DIYs and the reliability on my DIYs has been much better. Honestly one of the main differences to me is that people in DIY don’t mind taking out their hand tools to give their board a quick fix. Now take the average boosted rider for example, most of these guys would probably prefer to just send in their board anytime there’s an issue and just want it to work perfectly (dream world btw). The reality is company boards are plagued with the same issues as DIY, screws coming loose, battery issues, remote drop out issues, trucks snapping in half, enclosures breaking… all common issues we face whether DIY or bought board. The thing I like about DIY is as soon as there’s an issue I can generally diagnose it and fix it myself. A common theme with people who own company boards in my local ride group is that the DIY’ers are at most every ride and company board people are always complaining about how they have to wait 3-5 weeks to get their board back. How does it feel sending something in for someone to repair where they don’t even tell you what they repaired and then sometimes give you a high price for the replacement parts? It’s no different than apple repairs, the companies will get your board back then explain you need new parts outside your warranty. Though I respect where you’re coming from I don’t think DIY has been any more a test market than the numerous kickstarters that have plagued the market with poor quality products. E-skate is in it’s infancy and I would say we’re all trying to figure out what the tricks and keys to this whole sport are still.

17 Likes

hell yes, I can send proof. I’ll cover people’s name. PM me so once this thread gets deleted, at least you can believe me.

Im on you rass because you made allegations against an entire community with ZERO proof. No one here has any reason to believe anything you say, specifically because you haven’t committed a single constructive act.

Im not shutting you down, I’m calling you out.

My father in law has a saying that I love…If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

1 Like

That won’t be happening. Newcomers need to see how rapidly our members debunked this entire thing.

9 Likes

perfect, I just PMed you. Be on my ass, so you can get the proof you want.

2 Likes

Done, lets see it.

I heard a story once about how there’s 2 kind of kids. The first kind of kid wakes up christmas morning to a bucket full of crap and gets mad and angry and cries. The second kind of kid starts digging in that bucket with zeal and purpose. When asked why, the kid says “With this much shit there’s gotta be a pony in here somewhere”.

I’m gonna take a sick day and start looking for the pony.

16 Likes

Problem is you use your Reddit street cred and yell through a Megaphone. You really do have an impact on our entire community.

Everyone here stands on eachothers shoulders! We are a god damn community of cool ass mother fuckers.

I have a Lacroix. I LOVE IT.

Do you think Lacroix would exist without Kaly?

Do you think Kaly would be Kaly without Trampa? (Though I don’t like Trampa and am psyched he is moving away from them).

Do you think that Haya deck everyone is so psyched on would exist without Ollin?

Fuck no. Like @Lunasi said, this is in its infancy and we are all learn from eachother.

Then there is you. Doing shit all.

22 Likes

I have no “street cred” on any forum, I’m just a regular person like anyone else. Lacroix, Kaly, etc all great.

All that has nothing to do with dishonesty and is not an excuse for lies from Ollin. @mmaner is getting some proof in PMs from OTHER customers besides me.

Since you all think it’s just me trying to ruin the DIY scene, that’s the last thing I want to do. I’ve repeated myself so many times, I want vendors to be honest and straight up. If this is coming of as wrong or I’m saying it the wrong way, I apologize. But I’ve made my intent clear, no lies to customers giving their money to these vendors. You all are standing up for the vendor, well I’m standing up for the customers who buy from them.

3 Likes

if you take this argument and apply it to car manufacturers …

• my friend has a Honda it broken down they must be worthless
  • my other friend has a Ford it needed to have its breaks fixed!BREAKS (totally unsafe)
  • one guy said his [insert brand here] was the worst thing he ever bought so I must take his word for this
  • I’ve driven my [insert brand here] for months without problems - SO ITS THE BEST CAR EVER the rest of just an accident waiting to happen

:wink:

4 Likes

I definitely am starting believe this isn’t malicious and you are trying to do the right think…MAYBE.

But if that’s the case you must be dumb and not even thinking about the effect and ramifications on our entire community your words and actions cause.

Either way…

Wait for it…

1 Like

EDIT:

A well intentioned es8 RIDER who doesn’t fully grasp we are a small community of enthusiasts in an industry in it’s infancy and hurts our comminity by the way he presents his and others’ situation from a perspective that doesn’t account for the full story.

7 Likes

cool, love your lacroix build btw.

Apologies in advance to those that have to read a novel to get caught up on this thread.

2 Likes

That was mean, I will change it.

3 Likes

Well, I know who I’m never inviting out for beer or a ride. lol this thread…

14 Likes

As someone fairly new to the builders forum, I’m finding this thread incredibly entertaining, so thanks for that

7 Likes