DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

Probably… hahah

2 Likes

:joy: Forgot to quote that, it’s too funny. It know the feeling standing in wet mud with socks only watching my shoes still inside the binding.

1 Like

Well in the end i have to say that the Burton Moto is to restrictive for me. In the beginning it was nice, loved this locked in feeling and the massive Support. But if you compare with my Supra Mids it is just too stiff … dont get the right feeling in the longtherm… for a Winter / Snow / Mud Tour they are great but for my regular driving i prefer other

2 Likes

No “she” can ever be castrated… just sayin’

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Too funny!!!

It really is a handicap too! If we were racing and I fell at the base of a jump I’m screwed!!! I’d literally have to turn around and take a run up!! It’s that bad!

In other news, I’ve really neglected my settings since I blew up my last FOCBOX, and I’ve had to match the new FOCBOX to the working one that was on that board but the only problem is with that FOCBOX that the USB port broke off :cold_sweat: So I haven’t been able to change the settings on it for a while so I’ve just matched what I think the saved settings were but its running like a dog at the moment. Anyways, a BT module turned up a few days ago so I’m going to add that and see if I can connect to my computer that way and set them both up again properly.

Out of interest what are you guys @rich, @Duffman, @Nowind, @Acido running your battery max and motor max at? I have mine at 80, 80 and the motors make a weird squeeling sound when I try to push them too hard from stand still at the mo. It’s strange - almost like I’m putting too much power into them to even cog!!! Some times they cog, sometimes they squeel and if I’m on a the flats I role away smooth. I’ll try and record it so you see what I mean…but I think I’m maybe asking too much of them. Obviuously they need replacing but I have a ride this weds and it would be good to get them to be as good as they can be.

1 Like

You’re having some bad luck with your gear. I personally run 80 motor amps/unsensored on SK3 149 KV. They squeel unloaded & no wheels attached at full RPM/did not do this at the beginning, so I guess the bearings need to be replaced at some point. No ill effect otherwise though.

1 Like

This literally made me piss myself laughing!!!

Ah shit - seriously? That’s intersting…I couldn’t work out if it was the FOCBOXs squeeling to start off with but I defo think it’s the motors. Yeah…I have to say I enjoy the riding part way more than the building!!! :sweat_smile:

My settings on each vesc are quite unspectacular:

settings

In reality I also discharge amost the full amount of the settings above. My Battery max is set to 100A because of BMS and 8Ah 15C Graphenes.

What confuses me are the max motor amps when looking at spec sheets. APS states 80A no matter how big or small the motors are (beside 80mm) :laughing:. When looking at the specs of my motors, maytecch says 3550W max = 60A max :roll_eyes:? On a different sheet they say it’s rated for 60A and motor max is 65A. That’s why I set it to 65A to be on the safe side.

In no way someone can top the vesc settings of @Nowind :rofl: I think this makes his day when he see my 65A motor max setting.

1 Like

Your issue is a bit weird though. Obviously, bearing noise would only become apparent when the wheels are actually rotating. You’re saying it makes that sound when the motor isn’t even cogging yet/thus no rotation.

Interesting - but you still have heaps of torque and a decent top end so you gotta be doing something right?? :wink: I might try and tame my setings to see if it resolves the issue in the short term.

Yeah I know right? Hold up - I’ll cut a bit of footage where it does it and load it up…They literally freeze and make this high pitched, almost computerised squeel. They rool perfectly and I’ve never had it once they’re moving just when they’re under too much load.

Sorry to hijack your thread @rich - let me know if you want this splitting…

:smiley: there should be a general trampa/e-toxx build thread. Sorry @rich

Sterilised then

1 Like

Don’t remember it, do you use CAN-bus? Then it’s no problem to change settings. Which usb port broke? Master or slave?

Don’t worry, this way it’s less struggle for me to find interesting content :laughing:

BTW @telnoi if you have a pic of the ascending slope you usually ride, then I want to see it :wink:

Once the Trampa is up and running, I’ll record the ride with my gopro. I’m not getting on that Diyeboard MTB again.

1 Like

That’s where I loose 1V. The rest of the 12 km trip is a mixture of up/down hill, where the last bit is 2 km downhill.

2 Likes

This should be good for a laugh!!! :sweat_smile:

So here’s some footage I just quickly hacked together. You can hear the squeel right at the start and then again half way through.

I’ve left some footage either end for all you guys running sensored so you can see the ‘real’ first world problems of someone running unsensored - I’m literally trapped by that patch of mulch - oh the indignity :rofl:

Thanks @rich for letting me share in your thread! Like you said - this is a good thread to keep all this good info on anyways and will hopefully help someone else some day.

Oh…I blew both CANBUS trancievers to had to remove them! So I’m having to run split PPM cable. I wonder if that makes a big difference too? Do you find it much better with the traction control?

3 Likes

no, those are not your bearings… Sounds like coil whine…could be your motor windings or if it is not coming from the motors, a component with coils if the vesc even has those.

you need 4x4 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Coil whine? Holy shit. The only whine I’m happy with is ‘red wine’!

2 Likes