DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

Thanks, my estimate from the diagrams for the deck were pretty close

1 Like

If ever there was a gear drive that needed a TPU bash guard it’s those poor fellas

2 Likes

Good reminder to mount them again. I had a problem with 2 threads which hold the drive guards, they are gone.

It’s my fault, the first times I used not enough Loctite on the screws and they came loose and took the impacts, I’ve also lost several bolts.

I replaced the 30mm bolts of the housing with 40mm so they stick out.

Then mounted the drive guards with slim nuts and plenty Loctite.

That should hold now, my only fear is if I ever bend the end of the bolts I can’t unscrew them :laughing:

Yesterday late in the night I decided to open the second drivetrain for inspection.

The debris is just on the side and sticks to the grease. No dust on the gears, also the sealing ring was not perfectly aligned. But I didn’t open the housings for 6 months so not bad at all when cleaning twice a year.

Degreased and reassembled everything, mounted the second drive guard and then fell asleep.

Today I replaced all tires and wanted to check a tube with several slime filled punctures if it’s airtight. Well it was not, after inflating it squirted the slime on me, ceiling, wall, carpet, curtain, monitor… what a mess.

On the ceilings it’s already dry, didn’t see it before.

Damn but shit happens so I continued to reassemble with fresh tires and not so fresh tubes.

All looked so fresh and clean until I went for a ride :grin:

The new chinese tires are quite rough compared to the thinner MBS rubber compound but hey, they roll… I forgot to check battery level so I had a walk of shame back home.

Mission completed, the next days I have to work but looking forward to more rides soon.

14 Likes

Give them some miles go drive them in. Should get softer after some rides.

1 Like

This last picture twisted my brain, at first it appeared that you had broken the deck in half :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

True, I hope so.

Now I can see it, too :joy:

3 Likes

What remote do you use?

I’m using Steez remotes (Maytech MTSKR1512), they are expensive but the connection is very reliable. I had no luck with the new small Maytech remote (MTSKR1712) and think I won’t use the winning remote because of reading bad things about it.

1 Like

Finally I could finish the video so here we go :grin:

https://youtu.be/STgSGXFGxmo

15 Likes

Awesome video! I like to see what risks you take.

What protection do you have?

1 Like

Thanks bro! Without protectors I wouldn’t ride like this and there is always foam between my ass and the ground so usually it doesn’t hurt :laughing:.

I made some pictures… btw who is that guy laying in my living room?

one more :joy:

From head to toe:

• Axant MTB helmet (65€ amazon)

• O’Neal Underdog MotoX vest with hard plastic shells (bought it used for 25€)

• HillBilly wrist guard full finger gloves (35€)

• CrashPants from china (on ebay 13€ | chinese XXL = european M)

• MotoX Knee-and shim protectors (25€ Louis)

• Batman Hitop shoes (on sale for 20€ because nobody wanted to buy them :joy:)

So everything together including shoes is 183€ which is not bad.

I always wear all protectors above which is sizzling hot in summer but I prefer sweating instead of ragged wounds.

13 Likes

Many thanks for this list and pictures. I am going to take a look this evening what protection I also can use. I have a nice bike park 20km from my house. And just sold my enclosure under my trampa and will go topmount :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ordered!!! lol

3 Likes

All the XXL are sold out… you think a US medium would qualify for XXXL? :rofl:

2 Likes

I got the last one. They have a size chart available on the listing.

3 Likes

Here are the same pants but more expensive.

2 Likes

Great, I found a listing with maybe the same item with ‘speed shipping’ https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adult-Children-Roller-Skating-Crash-Pants-Hip-Bum-Saver-Impact-Padded-Shorts/183583900918?hash=item2abe7404f6:m:m1mcnPuvlkm-Hn_NiU7NNjw

E: beat me to it :sob:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Much better formatting the second time :rofl:

I’m just a slow creature :joy:

1 Like

Just came back from an evening ride :sunglasses:

Nice! It’s best when you can scratch the bottom of the deck without worries.

Maybe :joy::rofl:

But joking aside, the 2XL is between M and L. Great that there is a 3XL available, should be between L and XL. But the material is stretchy anyway. The first times when wearing the stitching/seam is scratching/itchy but then it’s gone.

:laughing::ok_hand:

2 Likes