DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

I have no experience with high C rated packs but I thought they should last longer beside the advantage of less voltage sag. They are too expensive for short usage IMO. Would be interesting to hear some more feedback from users from high C rated packs how long they last.

BTW I don’t have problems with too much sag with 15C 8Ah, usually it’s about 1V, on full throttle 3V. But I guess 15C is the reason why they puff and loose capacity that fast.

1 Like

That is still double compared to the voltage sag I see at 60C/12Ah. As long as the combined output rating is not surpassed and the packs stay cool, the higher C rating should not lead to a substantially higher lifetime. As soon as they start puffing or become hot, you have already surpassed the limit.

The Graphene packs do deal with depletion better (riding till 3.4V is possible, where 30C packs for example start cooking and should be limited to 3.7V minimum).

2 Likes

Had some fun in the narrow single trail at dirt park. It is very difficult to ride because it’s tiny and has tight curves, not mountainboard friendly. Slightly leaving the trail means 99% chance of falling which happens quite often :laughing:

15 Likes

Great video.

Do you know how much you board weighs?

1 Like

For this your fail part was pretty short compared to the rest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Actually 15.8kg (35lbs)

Haha true but it was a short session without testing the limits. The tricky parts are the curves/birms with stones and holes on the sides. Also in the grass are big stones, bricks and wood. But normally falling doesn’t hurt at that low speed.

2 Likes

That second fall is the best :grinning:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Had a hardcore ride and destroyed 3 tires and bent the metal plate of the gear box :metal:.

But it was a lot of fun shredding stones and crazy inclines up to 40 degrees (83%). Fortunately I shot some video scenes there so I have evidence :grin:.

still_02

The wall of fear

still_00

Unfortunately I’ve chosen the wrong angles so in the video exactly the same 40° wall looks like kindergarden

still_08

It is so freaking steep and there are some more walls to climb

still_05

How to slice your tires…

still_03

I would love to shoot more with better angles but I think it’s enough damage for now.

151608h

201518h

Both rear tires have several slices like this

152859eh

and the front tire/tube… well :joy:

160459h

coneheads1

Furthermore the motor shifted down, the backlash was gone and there was a noise. In the beginning I thought it’s the faulty motor but after a while it sounded like straight gears and I started to carry it home. I degreased the drive train and it seems like there is no damage at all :ok_hand:

I was riding without backlash and sand in the gears, Jesus :laughing:

135610h

Applied much more Loctite this time so it shouldn’t move again. It’s getting too late to make noise so I finish this tomorrow but it’s still 80% done.

220543h

I guess it’s time for the cheap aliexpress tires if I find enough tubes.

16 Likes
  1. https://www.ebay.de/itm/Pannenschutzband-Zefal-Z-Liner-lila-Enduro-DH-Breite-50mm-2x135g/391877231398?epid=2000406688&hash=item5b3db40326:g:5scAAOSwNvRbUim5
  2. https://www.ebay.de/itm/Slime-Innenschlauch-Versiegelung-237ml-Flasche/112336540050?hash=item1a27c79192:g:6i0AAOSwEFZZfE97

Lil bit help for flat tyres, Its ment for bikes, but who cares. When applying in 6,5-9" tyre. make a lot of cuts in tape along the sites to the center of tape, so you dont get curves, and then use some heavy duty tape to fix it with tyre so the tube wont get caught in between and get slice down. Then u can put on tyre with the tube on the rim and apply slime inside tube. Just remember to change tubes and apply new slime every year just in case.

1 Like

Thanks for the links. I’ve never tried tire liner but seems interesting.

I use tire sealant in all tubes already :grin:

That doesn’t help all the time

Bang3e

Without tire sealant I always had flats, it was gone with the green slime but after some months they started to lose air regularly.

4 Likes

I think is time to change your title to Everythingnator

Looking forward to this video

4 Likes

I was doing lot of forest biking when I was younger, healthier and more handsom, so before I found out ‘anti-puncture tape’ what I did, was applying old tubes between tyre and new tube, but that stuff was meh. This shit is srsly doing its job. Just maka sure u fix it to tyre with tape. It can slice your tube. And slime helps with small cuts and holes. When u blow up tyre nothing can help(except lots of grass, gravel steel legs and concrete ass xD)

1 Like

What exactly is your setup now? :joy:

:+1:

I break a lot of shit as well and sometimes it makes me kind of thinking it’s a sign that esk8ing is not for me…but than I read your stories and how much you destroy and understand i‘m kind a lucky how less broke on me :joy::ok_hand:

Looking forward to the video!

5 Likes

I’m not afraid because it’s DIY so a lot of things are fixable without high costs. Imagine we would ride commercial boards, that would suck and we could never ride because of external repairs :laughing:

I hate it when I destroy things but love to ride that this can happen, that’s the best! It’s really funny when I remember watching videos of @Nowind and thought what the hell is he doing. Why he is treating his board like his enemy, why he grinds the truck on the rail again, whaaat burn outs and that sliding must be very bad for the tires and so on.

Now I understand why :grin:

For comparison of some costs, last winter I went snowboading. A day ticket costs 43.50€ plus 20€ food and travelling costs so 80-100€ for a single day. For the same amount of money I could kill at least 8 tires or 1 motor and personally I enjoy it more to pay for destroyed parts than paying for a stupid day ticket.

Is it that sharp? Or because of the cuts on the sides you did? I would be afraid what happens when the tape stops sticking after a while :thinking:

Not sure if this is a serious question :laughing: but same setup as before, just need new tires.

4 Likes

that´s a nice point of view :ok_hand::joy:

but to be fair, I hope to get way much more days on my esk8 than on the snowboard. Buying a “day ticket” for every weekend I´m out on my esk8 would be pretty exensive as well.

:rofl: my thoughts as well when I just started with all that here. I was crying to see the tires wearing down on the burn outs and asked myself, why…just why… isn´t that just expensive???

now I understand that way better… have a box of spare wheels at home and don´t mind to swap them all out during one season.

2 Likes

I made the cuts because its for bike applications and when I applied it in small tyres it was all curvy along sites. Than I applied heavy duty tape so it wont move inside and just in case for peace in mind. It will stick forever, because u will have inflated inner tube so it will be pushed to tyre even more.

2 Likes

Hey @rich I had some ideas for a future board on my mind

How wide is your battery box, or even better, what’s the dimensions between the edges of the bindings on the center of the board?

Haha yeah that would suck! But this thought also helps me to justify the overall costs.

Legit argument :ok_hand:

Well in my case about 25cm (almost 10") with the brackets more inward. If they are mounted outward then 22cm.

Also keep in mind that in case of heel straps you maybe need a liitle more space so I would not exceed 22-23cm.

2 Likes