DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

No I’ve never seen the green slime harden like that, weird :thinking:

1 Like

Hmmm just found out that the MBS vine tires are the same as Trampa’s mudplugger, both seems to be made by Innova. 2 ply soft rubber, tssssss…

Beside the soft rubber I think the main problem is that MTB tires usually have about 2mm treads only, imagine a tire with 8-10mm :heart_eyes:

If the treads on your car tires have 2mm left you need to replace them, for MTB it’s called a new tire :thinking:

Not really hill climbing but gonna test that and monitor as well. I guess a sealed motor runs a bit hotter. Did you ever had stones inside your motors?

Good idea, gonna try it with one tube at least but before I’ll deflate the tubes for further inspection. My tires need to be replaced very soon anyway. Maybe squeezing helps, too.

First feedback according the drive guards, they survived and work :grin:, recognized one hit, the other contacts I didn’t recognize but there are grooves in both of them.

Preach… True words bro!

As you can see on the pic kapton tape is not the best method :joy:

Yeah that’s really weird, it’s stuck around the valve.

1 Like

If wear is your main concern just switch to these tires:Mefo Ice Slider :rofl:

1 Like

Good God those are huge :grinning:

1 Like

And they appear to be identical to the tires that came with my first dirt cheap MTB. They lasted around 800 km.

Let me know. I’ll hold off my purchase untill then. It’s either these or the APS 6384. Never had issues with stones, just mud and sand.

2 Likes

If im correct 9inch primo strikers have 4 ply. But im not at conputer to check that out.

Though u would need a wide rim for them and I think the regular hypa / superstars cannot fit them.

Just a food for thought to these who shred tires more than it should :smiley:

Maybe @Riako has some intel on 9inch strikers as i havent really used up mine, going only lightly with my board…

Though they are big so only wide trucks are recommended otherwise they give a wheel bite to the feet.

1 Like

and here they are…just the min order is a bit…much. There appear to be a fair number of rebrands for this tyre. Should be possible to find a good/better deal compared to Trampa/MBS.

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/kick-scooter-parts/kick-categories/kick-scooter-tires/200x50-8-x2-tire-for-the-razor-phase-two-rds-dirt-scooters-multiple-choices.html

For now I ordered another T3 set from Evolve Germany. Ordered yesterday, arrived today.

1 Like

Haha, well… :joy:

Rebranding everywhere :thinking: but 800km sounds good.

We could divide the tires, 250 for each of us :laughing:

The Trampa Treads have 4ply as well but the height of the profile is too less IMO. And as you mentioned 9" tires would need different hubs as well which are not compatible with the gear drive.

I’m jealous! I’ve ordered 7 days ago from coronation-sports.de, powerkiteshop.com and atbshop.co.uk.

Coronation didn’t ship my parcel up to now and no notification, nothing, don’t answer e-mail. I called them twice today and they say they have to look what’s the problem and call me back very soon… That’s many hours ago. Very bad shop, I need these tires so much, my actual tires have 0.3mm profile left only.

I’ve got a shipment notification of powerkiteshop today so at least they ship it after 7 days.

Best experience I have wit ATBshop, got the parcel last week already. One thing I want to mention because I had problems with my Hillbilly gloves. I claimed them and had to send several pics, later they told me that Hillbilly refused to replace them. 2 weeks and some e-mails later the shop owner had mercy and send me a free new pair, this is some good customer service!

1 Like

What about trying something like these wheels? https://m.ebay.com/itm/3-50-4-10-4-Inch-Wheel-Rim-Tyre-Tire-49cc-Mini-Quad-Dirt-Bike-ATV-Buggy/281275675540?hash=item417d563394%3Ag%3ADfcAAOxy4fVTEJbF&_nkw=10»+mini+atv+wheel&_from=R40&rt=nc I know duffman used them, and he said he had gone thru 2 sets in 5 months or so (i think). While it may not be alot, it seems like the Trampa ones last even shorter… i dont know, just shooting out a thought here. :grinning:
Their about 10” and abit wider too, so they should help with traction i guess :grinning:

Simply forget those tires!!! These were the most crappy tires I’ve ever had. They stink like a chemical factory and I’m not sure if they are even made of rubber…

The second worst tires I had were the trampa treads: they wear down very fast and had way less grip than the mbs t3 tires I used before.

Right now I’m running t3 in the front and on the back vine tire / mud plugger or whatever the real chinese manufacturer calls them…

Oh, Okay. I had no idea they were that crap

Thanks for the link but I need 8" and as Duffman wrote

:joy::rofl: that’s too funny Probably they are made from a factory specialized in tires for barrows.

I’ve never weigh my board but now I did: 15.5kg (34.2 lbs) , wow, thought it’s less but now I know why it’s hard to carry.

Haha @Duffman @Nowind I just wanted to check the drive guards after my second ride and one is gone :rofl: only a small piece is left around the screw. Recognized a harder hit but not that I’ve lost it.

3 Likes

So its time for the next round: TPU

1 Like

Thanks bro, PM’d you :+1:

Sorry, I’m late guys ^^ About Primo Stricker 9" (I also got the 8" but not used so much actually). This 4 wheels always on the DarthVapor setup run since before 2015 … Don’t know really when 2014… 2013… Got more than 1000 and 1000km I think, never flat :blush: never ever !! (now I say that I have to be careful but since my 1st ride with them in 2015 it’s always a pleasure to ride !) On big grass, under the rain be careful with the trigger they slip easily. I ride low-pressure always at 2bar… Rear tires start to become slim/slick more and more, but it takes time. I carve but not extremely. If Withepony rides them, maybe they probably won’t pass a year of use :smile:
I like those for all road use (road, dirt and some offroad), got the 8" setup soon on an other build…

1 Like

Interesting to hear. I’m using the soft Trampa Treads with my first build and I’ve also found that they wear pretty quickly, although I don’t yet have any experience with any other tires. Was thinking about eventually replacing them with the hard Trampa Treads but I’m guessing there’s better options out there…

Anyone have any recommendations for 8" tires that would mostly be used on road but are still suitable for dirt tracks on the weekends etc? Are there any 9" tires out there that fit on Trampa Superstar hubs?

No, but there should be :stuck_out_tongue: @trampa

There are no 9" that fit 8" hubs.

1000km sounds great but no flat even better! I had at least 8 flats within the first 800km :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I had 2 sets of Treads in hard compound, first lasted about 600km (with perfectly timed swap of front and rear tires), the second looks like this after 300km (swapped too late and did some slides) :joy:

I was too scared to ride them today, fortunately I got this right now :sunglasses:

Interesting, on pictures the Vine tires look like they would have deeper profile than T3’s and are more solid. Both tires have a tread depth of about 3mm, the Trampa Treads and Rubena tires had about 2.2mm. The T3 tires have more solid structure, it’s not easy to squeeze them but the Vine tires are more soft and easy to squeeze but will be more comfortable to ride than T3’s, gonna start with the Vine’s and see.

If it’s hard packed dirt and not really hardcore offroad you could use road tires, they also should last longer. If you are in EU and want some cheap road tires you could check this out: Model O200K 1 tire 6,20€ :laughing:, 1 tire including inner tube 8,31€ :joy:

I know that @Idea use(d) them on MTB and I think @whitepony also ordered them once, would be interesting how long they lasted with hard carving :crazy_face:

1 Like

I will receive those soon and I will give you a return on their longevity pneu-trottinette-200x50

2 Likes