DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

Thanks as always for the advice bro :blush: I thought the Trampa description had to be wrong for those so glad I checked. Coincidently I just popped into Autobarn to get a new headlight bulb and they had a case of different sized o-rings and some digital calipers soi could choose exactly what I needed! And they had the exact size so I’m good! I paid for the convenience but now I can order in a batch of cheaper ones whilst I get up and riding again!

I need to check this out but I’ll need to do some filing as you did for sure! Bye bye finger prints :joy:

The Vicious looks awesome! You can probably take your heelstraps off now!! :crazy_face:

What is the measurement between bindings??? Thanks

I was joking but if you take it serious I’m serious, too :grin: PM you…

Had a short ride yesterday and love the grip, much better :sunglasses: I’m curious if I slip when jumping or not, hope to find out tomorrow.

I’m confused, did you ever had o-rings before? If not then you don’t have 16.5mm spacers and o-rings won’t help you :joy:

Hard to say, it depends on the position of the brackets of the bindings. In my case there is about 25.5cm (10 inch) space between the brackets on the deck, 24cm would be safe, 22cm totally safe for enclosures. Between the bindings is more space but the brackets limit it.

1 Like

No I never had them - but the spacers are slightly too big so the bearing doesn’t fit perfectly on one side - I’m sure it’s supposed too. Also, like you the bearings don’t have a tight fit. I figured by sanding the spacers down and then using an o-ring would give me a tighter fit and the dampening of the o-ring would help with vibrations right?

Ah OK, I would just file them down until they fit. If you want to go with o-rings I can send you 16.5mm spacers and o-rings by mail.

AFAIK these o-rings are only existing because of tolerances in production of hub parts and against rattling, if the spacers are too small (or in your case too big). I don’t see any advantage beside this 2 reasons.

I have to say I like the bindings, give you more freedom, too

This still is from my “Nollie” video for S.K.A.T.E Challenge. As you can see I always place my weight above the rear wheels, that’s no nollie but I like it :grin: Finally I did real nollies to earn my letter in the end, video coming in some hours…

8 Likes

This video contains nollie trials only in chronological order at different places :joy: I wouldn’t say I can do proper nollies but maybe sometimes :wink:

This video recording is also very interesting for me to see the progress in dirt park.

3-4 weeks ago I couldn’t even reach the middle of the table when jumping. Take the small hill behind me on the table as reference for comparison.

Now I land with my rear wheels only on the table, soon I can jump above :pray:

16 Likes

Lovin’ this thread and also the progress you are making man. Keep it up and keep us posted.

3 Likes

Thanks bro! I just realized the amazing progress of all trees in the background within a few weeks :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks, Also do you have a picture of your battery with the case open?

Shit yeah. I did,t even notice that. wow.

2 Likes

I use the PELI Case 1150 (Inside: 21.6 x 15.2 x 9.5 cm, outside: 24 x 19.8 x 10.9 cm) there is also the smaller 1120 case available (Inside: 18.9 x 12.6 x 8.5 cm, outside: 21.4 x 17.2 x 9.8 cm)

but the inside measurements are made from the top, on the bottom there is about 0.7 cm less on length and width.

The case is too big for my 12s 8Ah lipo but I wanted to build a 12s5p, too. When you use cell holders then 12s5p or 10s6p is the maximum for the 1150 case.

This is how it looks now, but there is also 1cm foam below the lipo, well protected I guess, maybe too much.

Here you see more pics of the case and battery in an earlier post.

5 Likes

I’m looking at building a 12s5p. I did some math and seems as if the 60 cells won’t fit in the 1150 with cell holders unless I stack them? How do recommend I arrange them to fit in the 1150?

The best way is a block with 10x6 cells which is 20x12cm. You can even place a BMS on the side, easy.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike, I was thinking of putting the BMS on the top because there should be about 2.5 cm between the top of the cells and the lid of the case.

1 Like

Yeah on top is easier, the bottom of the case has about 21x14.5 cm.

2 Likes

You could put the selfie stick over your shoulder now and then with the cam pointing forward to get a third person gaming style view, though it may take a few test runs to master the shot without seeing what you recording.

1 Like

Well my cells are on their way hopefully this pack will be done in the next few weeks

Definitely gonna try that :+1: Maybe I find a way to attach it on the shoulder or stick it to the helmet one day to have the hands free.

Had a muddy ride today, that’s why I call it Dirt Machine :laughing:

Also I’m very thankful for the hint with this glove/wrist guard. No more pain since I wear it. This is how they look after I’ve used them 3 times. No wonder that my palms were always hurting when I see the scars on the palm protectors, wicked!

When I finally get my crash pants then I’m fully protected, can’t protect more :grin: I never thought that but the more protectors I wear the more fun is riding for me. Last year I tried to avoid any situations where I could fall, this year I search and enjoy this situations :rofl:.

5 Likes

Wow, that looks slippery :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How does a 2WD board perform in these conditions? Is 4WD a must?

1 Like