DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

How I imagine Batman might enginner his electric baby stroller!

4 Likes

Tssssss, no ground clearance, I thought this ATB could be interesting to convert in e-ATB

2 Likes

I don’t have to deal with stinky dog shit where I’ve been riding, but, I do have to deal with stinky buffalo shit.

4 Likes

Would love to smell that stinky buffalo shit one day, I’m tired of dog shit

2 Likes

Never heard anyone ever say that they’d love to smell buffalo shit before!

I can package some up and send it over. Maybe just place it on the track over there somewhere and practice riding through it, so that when you come over here, you’ll have it nailed.

4 Likes

I’m gonna have to build one of them!!! Or a trailer for my eATB :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve been debating with the wife how safe it would be to go for a ride on the eATB with my 10 month old in a carrier on my chest… Hmmmmm…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I can tie all of this together in one meme:

8 Likes

Please don’t send me buffalo shit, I prefer to avoid any shit, just talking about some diversion :laughing:

Haha, that must be fun…

@DanSkates What’s the difference between an bison and a buffalo? you can’t wash your hands in a Buffalo.

1 Like

Hana, back again at Shitposting (sorry) :rofl:

2 Likes

I have some updates about the metal bushings.

@Nowind told me “Try to break them” and I have got it made today, they lasted 30km :rofl:

I did a jumping session in dirt park trying to increase my airtime (which I did), after some time there were strange noises coming from the rear truck and the hanger had massive play.

The metal bushings are very sturdy and I thought they will last forever. Maybe they are perfect for normal riding but definitely not for jumping. It seems that the plastic bushings have a little bit flex that’s why they last longer.

Crazy shit but this was real life hardcore testing :metal:

7 Likes

WHOA!! And I thought I knew how to destroy stuff! Hahaha…back to plan A then!

Well done for destroying these before he made another load for us guys in Oz - @Cobber, @ArnhemAnt - I think we dodged a bullet here! :sweat_smile:

Do you have spare plastics to get you back on the road dude?

2 Likes

I wonder if there will ever be an alternative made with something like the material used in car stabiliser bar bushings? You can use rubber, but there is also another type that I think is made with urethane?

1 Like

Some used for now but I have to order new before I kill my next bushings :laughing: On the front truck I’ll keep the metal bushings, want to know how long they last.

I think that rubber or urethane wouldn’t work because it’s too too soft and flexy, there is massive strain on these bushings.

I thought about this polycarbonate and nylon material which @Der6FingerJo is using for his 3D printed gears. That could take impacts I guess. Yo bro, would love to test some of these bushings if you ever try to print them :blush:

1 Like

Sure, i’ll send some as soon as i printed and tested them for a bit. Unfortunately it’s as always - not enough time to test everything i want so it will probably be until my bushings are bad until i try for myself.

But if you want to be a super early prototype tester we could arrange something. Just need the exact measurements, would be a bummer to print a lot of pieces that just don’t fit in the end.

1 Like

There are people who uses those boards for commute and there are people who destroys shit out of them :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok…digging up your earlier post I defo gotta do this! I gotta the rattles and have destroyed another wheel pulley so need to tighten things up.

I’m a bit confused by the measurements of these things though:

I’m trying to get as close as dammit to the ones Trampa sell (in Oz), but the sizing doesn’t make sense. They say it’s 10mm ID and 12mm OD and 2mm thickness (CS). Wouldn’t this make the o-ring 14mm OD (10mm+2mm+2mm)? Or is the 2mm thickness (1mm+1mm) combined for the 12mm OD?

I’ve found some locally which are the same ID (10mm), but a slightly thinner CS at 1.5mm thickness so total of 13mm OD. Would these work? Is it important that they’re a wider OD to extend past the thickness of the spacer?

Or i can go with this one which is 9.25mm ID, 12.7mm OD, 1.78mm CS:

RS ship quick so this would be my preference - I’ll have them in a couple of days.

@ArnhemAnt kindly offered to send me a few out but as I’m sure I’ll loose a shit load of these things I thought I’d stock up. I’d prefer to stock up on the right product though!!

I’m sure I’m over thinking this!! :smile:

1 Like

You are wrong :rofl: If you print it and I test it first then you can change some details (in case I break it) and have perfect bushings for yourself when you’ll need them :wink:

No way I could use this board for commuting, too big, too heavy, this is a dirt machine made for abuse.

I remember when I saw some videos of @Nowind 1-2 years ago and couldn’t understand why this guy treats his board as if he wants to kill it and doesn’t care about anything, or showing burnouts and drifts as if tires would be for free :laughing:

Today I fully understand why he rides that hard, because it’s soooooo much fun when you just don’t care about to brake something, I’m loving it.

Everything can be replaced and if you have spare parts it’s not that bad. Othe people go skiing or snowboarding and pay 40-60€ for a day ticket. I could kill 4 tires or a hanger for that money and had probably an epic ride. Also it happens seldom that something brakes.

Which length are your spacers? 16,5mm?

You are right, I measured the Trampa 10mm o-ring, it’s 14mm outside diameter.

Better than nothing but 14mm would be better. The inner ring amongst the balls has ID=12mm and OD=16mm, the o-ring should give support within this area. So a 14mm OD o-ring can extend to 16mm without rubbing on the shield of the bearing when squeezed. Exactly this happened when I tried ID=12mm and OD=16mm o-rings, 10mm ID iand OD 14mm is perfect. I would not use these 12.7mm or 13mm OD o-rings.

A little hint for those who change their bushings or dismount the hanger. Check your inner baseplate. I realized that on one bushing on the baseplate is sticking out a bit, last time I filed it a bit down but not enough (was in a hurry) you can see it on this pic how it looked after my first filing.

That leads to problems when inserting the hanger and the bushing of the hanger will get damaged like the left one in the picture

Sanded down the bushing until it was flush with the hanger, problem solved.

Finally I added Vicious grip tape to the deck and am curious if that stops my feet from moving, guess yes. Will find out later :grin: too lazy to cut out the holes and also I want 100% grip that’s why I left it like that

My next aim is to get rid of the big case and give velcro a try for easy battery swapping. But want to finish my daily commuter first.

2 Likes

Yeah no problem but it would be nice to know which version of the Bushings to print. Like 1.5, 2, 2.5mm and so on. Rapid prototyping is only fun if you don’t have to ship it to Austria each time for test fitting :laughing:

1 Like

Highly recommended as part of the nowind repair kit :rofl: More loctite fixed screws getting loose, but as Jens mentions in his video tutorial, you will pull out the threaded insets if you decide to do maintenance. Fixed two today. Sure beats loosing screws and having a wobbly drive train as a result.

3 Likes

:joy::laughing:

I pray that i don’t need a Nowind repair kit :pray: But it’s clever to have some spare coils