DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

Fortunately these muddy spots were only partially but I got stuck, the mud drags a lot. It’s only slippery when doing turns. But I didn’t try to ride in this conditions only but in general I like 2WD because I can drift/slide.

I think a 4WD would be very nice when climbing crazy steep hills or in real mountains, not only because of the better traction but mainly because of 4 motors, btw never tried 4WD.

1 Like

Blew a hole in my trampa tires today. They are done after about 400 km. Temporarily installed the diyeboard 8" tires of my old board, but they are super hard in comparison and severely out of balance. Also getting some mbs tires.

Shit, with a big bang? Did you order T1 or T3 tires? T1 seems better for offroad but the T3 has much more rubber.

1 Like

Sounded allot like a rock hitting the dd. Sadly, it wasn’t :sweat_smile:

T3 (seems to be the only tire offered x4 at a ~ 50 euro price range). The diyeboard 8" pattern is almost identical to T3 and noticed today that it actually handles loose sand allot better than trampa treads. It stays on course instead of loosing traction when carving.

2 Likes

Blew a hole in my rubena tire today

That was scary, rode about 35km/h when a massive wobble started followed by a big bang. I looked back and saw my tire squirting green slime during breaking. Fortunately my back wasn’t covered like @benjammin when this happened to him :laughing:. My arms are hurting, it was a loooooong way back home.

6 Likes

Who are you gonna call 32-AM

9 Likes

Dude I know that! Recently I had to carry the board only half an hour and my arm hurt the next day.

1 Like

Carry a tools to change front wheel with back one so you could pull the board :wink: Did so many times :smiley:

1 Like

And maybe a length of rope or strapping to wrap round the front trucks so you can tow it with the strap over the shoulder.

3 Likes

Dude! Your board bleeds like an alien!

That seriously sucks. I’m clearly not riding hard enough!

1 Like

I always carry tool to remove motor from gear drive in case something happens with motor so at least I could ride on single motor :slight_smile:

Also I just about to change my tires because of usage… Too many burnouts this weekend :smiley:

3 Likes

It was about half an hour for me as well but I wouldn’t call it “only” :laughing:

I was pulling it but with the front wheels on the ground. So you don’t use alien liquid? Highly recommended :grin:

I always carried my whole workshop, 2 tubes and 1 tire in my backpack for replacement in the field but since I filled that tire sealant in the tubes I had no more flats which is like a dream and I left the backpack at home.

Sounds like a part of a survival kit for mountainboarders :joy:

Yeah, didn’t know if I shall call ghostbusters or MIB, the alien blood is still out there.

I think it’s my fault, the tires are rated for max. 35psi and I usually inflated the tubes to 40psi and 2 days ago I decided to feel the difference and increased to 45-50psi. I guess that was too much for this thin tires. There must have been a huge bubble in the fabric of the tire because it wobbled like hell before bursting. Glad to had that bubble because I applied almost full brake immediately, that was really weird.

Great video, you have a very powerful RC car, how do you steer? :rofl:

1 Like

On asphalt it even does donuts if I control the throttle :smiley:

If it does donuts with you standing on it you win a letter in the S.K.A.T.E. Challenge :wink:

5 Likes

It does solo :smiley: London crew saw it :smiley:

Why not carry a spare tire/tube? Could even be strapped to the deck…maybe even underneath like a car

1 Like

Installed banana flavored T3 today. They are rated for max 60 psi (all others for ~35, mbs vine for 80). They are a bit more out of balance compared to trampa treads. Reseating the tires helped resolve the worst. Maybe green soap (applied to hubs) helps when installing them.

1 Like

Today I carried 1 spare tube and tire and all tools but after filling it with green slime again I feel safe on short 20km rides and enjoy riding without backpack.

Switched to trampa treads and can’t believe the difference, totally forgot the feeling when I used them before. They have much better traction than the rubena tires and feel really good but are unfortunately expensive. The wheelchair tires were much more comfortable, they acted as suspension because of the thin rubber, the treads at 50psi feel like wood wheels :joy:

Also removed the broken metal bushings of the front hanger which was not that easy.

Picture please :grin:

5 Likes

Never mind the shrink wrap. Planning on replacing the motors.

4 Likes