DieBieMS v0.8 2nd batch (Total 48pcs, closed)

Resistance… LOL

3 Likes

…a little star trek humor, god im a geek :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The force is strong with this one lol. @deucesdown , I get it now!!! Thanks @mmaner , that’s amazing. Still, what are you doing with that bank @PXSS ?

1 Like

I have two of those.

We use them to test propulsion systems and sink the power out of our dyno. I use them specifically to test large batteries at 120+ amps. I can’t say much more than that but they make for really nice space heaters in the winter.

2 Likes

I’m thinking you can load test and form abs enclosures at the same time!

3 Likes

@Samau18 Packaging is top notch!

Also I was going to ask if this needs soldering but then I read the post above. Pretty cool tech, mainly because it seems so obvious once you see it.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey I just noticed this, but I thought these were supposed to come with a slot for a micro SD card? Why didn’t these come with that? Also, what would we need to do to install one to the PCB?

2 Likes

Oh, whoops that slipped past me :slight_smile: thanks for pointing that out! What would the SD card be used for on a BMS?

Data logging without the need of a constant Bluetooth connection.

1 Like

Datalogging is not implemented yet :frowning:. We did verify that the interfacing is correct :slight_smile:.

4 Likes

Any boards left?

All of the batch2 has been accounted for, can put you on queue if anyone backs out if theirs.

Will start batch 3 if I can get the next 30 pcs interest.

1 Like

He can have one of mine so everyone gets one

3 Likes

Just PMed you…I’m dying for one of these…It will match my NESE kit I’m printing right now.

I have a 10s BMS but changed my build up to go with 12s so I need a new BMS.

@Samau18 Sam - What parameters does the OLED display “out of the box” ? Thanks

Just basics charging, charged, balancing, error icons

including individual cell voltages?

Only in vesc tool. You can change the code to show it, is open sourced.

if you can access the vesc terminal via a mobil-app (I know the Metr App can do it) you can read the cell voltages typing a command like “cell voltages” or something similar. It was mentioned either in this thread or in the original diebiems thread.

2 Likes