DieBieMS v0.8 2nd batch (Total 48pcs, closed)

Go to the original thread and read. Plenty of info

2 Likes

I have linked up an quick instruction at the batch 2 thread (first post). Please go take a look. Most important thing is to config your pack. Other than that just wire it up.

Be careful on polarity, and always use a current control charger to charge.

Have fun.

Sam

2 Likes

Quality looks good. A couple of solder joint are sketch. For example the pressed in screw stands have no solder so I might flood those if they donā€™t survive my testing. Itā€™ll have to wait until tomorrow night though as Iā€™ve been busy all weekend

3 Likes

Hi we asked the press joint supplier, these are meant to be non soldered. They call it cold welding.

Sam

10 Likes

Nice to have you on Board for quality check! I cant wait to hear your results.

The cold Welder joint Sounds like more top quality

2 Likes

Is there more left in second batch?

Should be a few left, but I think should be closed soon. Some users wanted to change to getting extra units.

(If thatā€™s you, please let me know to update the count.)

Sam

Are you interested, not many left. Should be closing soon.

Iā€™ll take 4 total

Iā€™ll entertain the idea. You got pm

Them germans always ahead of the game

3 Likes

I still donā€™t know if I like them or not. Lol They are very bulky. Iā€™ll need to make a new enclosure for this board.

You donā€™t know if you like the BMS? @PXSS

1 Like

The large terminals and balance connector. Theyre pretty massive. They end up making the board really tall.

I was thinking I could mount the BMS on top of my battery where the old one was but the height makes it too tall and uncomfortably low to the ground. I may get away with making a longer enclosure but if that doesnā€™t work Iā€™ll have to get taller risers

Here are some pics.

1 Like

Thanks for the pics and dimensions. I am used to the Supower 10s 60A BMS which is about 53mmx115mm. I am putting it at the end of the pack so should be fine but can see how it would be difficult on 12S or shorter boards. I hope you can get it to fit!

We should not forget that this bms is for high load up to 140a. Currently it only has a 80a fuse, i just ordered some 100a too, but it can do a massive load. So it cant be too small.

Weā€™ll see how long it can hold 100A once I bypass the fuse. If you thought Sams resistor was big wait until you see mine lol.

6 Likes

10 kW Resistor arrayā€¦

13 Likes

OMG

4 Likes

WTF is that for??? I wanna see!!!