DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

Bummer. It’s too bad you chose to tell a company that produces complete dogshit parts. I can’t think of one product that they make that is worth using with the exception of the DAVEga now. Haha

That’s yet to be seen. I’m tempted to order one to see what they have done. :smile:

6 Likes

You should be getting one free, that’s a fucking fact.

5 Likes

Haha. Don’t waste your $$$. With their track history it’ll probably just break or not work properly.

1 Like

Naw, I’m good. His easier to print and assemble. It must feel good to see your creation picked up for manufacturing though. Gratz

5 Likes

I actually like yours. It works better for my boards since they both have the deck tips tilted and I don’t need more tilting added by the enclosure. I also prefer the vertical layout. If Flipsky asked me, I would have advised them to offer both options… and make the cable longer… and provide correct product description. Those guys… I first felt rather optimistic about them getting the HW part right since it’s so simple that it’s really hard to mess up but now that I see how they managed to mess up even the simplest things I’m really not so sure anymore. Is anyone ordering one for science?

5 Likes

maybe our flipsky incognito agent mr. @mackann can organize something for you for free???:thinking:

@janpom what your children now going to do without job? they need to go back to school? what a bummer…

3 Likes

Haha I have nothing togheter with them, they just asked me about some nice product tips and I told them a few. Its not like it was a secret this topic. But yes I agree they should send you one for free atleast

1 Like

i meant more or less, maybe you have some connections or closer contact with people at flipsky than we have and could bring that topic up.

What you should do is buy one of flipsky’s check it out and see if it has all the bug which it probably does cause it is linking the older files. And then say hey you copied my idea and it would be nice to atleast mention me for all my work but I found these bugs. And let them figure them it out. I think with the 4.20 modifications they are sending some to the guys who found the cut out problem for testing. Maybe they can do the same for you.

I did, but she told me a few days ago she quit the job

I guess I’ll need to extend their temporarily shortened mine shifts back to 19 hours. :thinking:

5 Likes

Null, 10 char

@lrdesigns @SeanHacker This is fixed now: https://github.com/janpom/davega/releases/tag/v1.0.1

The problem was that I used unsigned integer for battery/motor amps so a small negative value would be interpreted as a high positive value (e.g. -1 => 255) and the third digit is unaccounted for. It would be written over the numbers on the screen right hand side. That’s the “distortions”.

I don’t have space for a negative sign, so there’s colour coding (again). Values below zero are displayed in red, e.g. red 10 = -10. Values above 100 are yellow and above 200 are purple. For example, yellow 55 = 155, purple 99 = 299. Whoever gets amp values below -99 or above 299, they need to wait for Flipsky to fix this for their “LED Screen Module base” in a better way. :wink:

7 Likes

I love you!

I’ll be able to test when I get back home tonight. Thanks dude!

3 Likes

Nice job on the update dude!!!

19 Likes

Thanks! This should be a mandatory update for everyone.

6 Likes

Haha. It actually got me for a second.

2 Likes

That… Is so great

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the quick fixes and cool additions to the firmware!

9 Likes