DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

Thank you both. No rush just checking. Happy to be receiving this awesome component regardless.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat I check the mail eagerly everyday.

Same i cant wait to get it.

I made some tweaks so everything fits together nicely. I am doing the final print tonight, if everything goes correctly I will post the models tomorrow.

I did some renders, I mostly never do that :slight_smile:.

DaVeGa%20Riser%20v3%20render%2001 DaVeGa%20Riser%20v3%20render%2002 DaVeGa%20Riser%20v3%20render%2003 DaVeGa%20Riser%20v3%20render%2004

8 Likes

I’ll he assembling mine sometime this week maybe, but definitely before the weekend is over. I’m still in limbo with my build waiting on my second mount and Unity. What I’m currently working on is my remote and it seems to be functioning thus far but I’m having slight issues figuring out the coding on its receiver. But my question is since my remote and DaveGa are basically doing the same thing, are they going to be fighting for slots to plug into on my Unity? I know there’s not much point on having both, but things were already in motion. I already ordered parts and was working on my Firefly remote then saw that I could assist on the beta testing on this.

If slots are limited, I don’t know if splicing them together to fit one slot would work either? Even if I soldered some diodes on there?

My screen finally came in! Just waiting on a few more things and I’ll get it going!

1 Like

I’m getting crazy speeds shown. I think I’ve figured it out though.

I’m using carvon torque drives, they have 14 pole pairs and I have the DaVeGa configured for 7. I assume if I change it to 24 that will resolve my issue?

1 Like

I wasn’t sure about this too, but thought 7 pole pairs meant 14 poles total which matches my motors. Hopefully @janpom can answer this

Gents, I’d like to mount my dave-ga (Yes) under my deck in the enclosure under something clear.

I like the idea of using it as a battery meter/odometer but don’t need to look at it while I’m riding. Am I the only one?

If I did that is there going to be a single button function scroll?

1 Like

28 would be the magic number. Not 24. I have it set to 28 on metr too.

1 Like

Probably 14, not 28. It’s 14 pole pairs or 28 poles. In DAVEga, you enter the number of pairs. I suppose the 24 in @mmaner’s post is just a typo and he actually meant to write 14.

1 Like

You are the only one.

3 Likes

Top tip, hit the 3D printed enclosures with truck bed liner spray. image

8 Likes

Maybe then you don’t need any button at all?

I now have some small ATMEGA328P-AU chips and 128x32 OLED displays that I would like to use for creating a mini version of DAVEga exactly for your type of use case. The problem is there’s more projects than spare time, so I don’t know when this will be available.

2 Likes

I’ve got time :grin: no rush here.

Just try do it while the weather is bad because when spring hits you’re going to be on that falcon all day!

1 Like

100 uF smoothing caps just arrived from mouser. The size looks good. Now I have 100 kits to make. Great. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Per Carvon the Carvon v4 TD’s have 14 pole pairs, 28 poles/magnets. I changed the pole pairs setting in the DaVeGa config to 14 and the issue is resolved.

7 Likes

A few pics of Dave on my eMTB in @mmaner’s enclosure (the older version, which is still pretty cool though).

DSC01693

DSC01716

DSC01711

13 Likes

Looks awesome. You’ll like the latest revision of the housing, there are slots for the momentary buttons, makes it a lot easier to mount. Plus I’ve included blanks if you want to only use 2 buttons like I am.

5 Likes

Guys, I’m going to make changes to the PCB and order some for the batch 2. Planned changes:

• remove the DEBUG pins
  • add the 100uF axial capacitor (in place of the DEBUG pins)
  • adjust the distance between holes for 22pF capacitors
  • route the buttons to interrupt-enabled MCU pins

Apart from that I’m considering the following (not yet decided):

• flip the 4pin JST-PH connector so that it faces inwards the PCB
    • this is so that the cable can be routed from between the PCB and the display to either side
  • use pads instead of holes for buttons
    • we then need to decide on which side of the PCB they will go though
    • or we could put them on both sides and connect them with an auxiliary hole

Any thoughts about the latter? Is there anything else you’d like changed?

Please note that most of you have the v0.2, but v0.3 already exists that has the following changes. Those will be retained for v0.4.

2 Likes