Chinese Superstars

Shitty price for 1pcs, you might have to grab a few and sell on the spares to make it worth the shipping

1 Like

Thanks for replying, Since I posted, I gave the trampa website a look and it seems their pulleys are cheaper. I wonder if I shouldn’t just get the pulleys from them, I might get the infinity trucks as they are cheaper even after shipping to me.

1 Like

Yea, for 1 of them you’re going to get a shitty price. If you got 10, they’d probably be closer to 15us/pulley

1 Like

i can let you know soon… i ordered a full set of wheels and 62T pulleys… shipped today…so i assume a week or so for delivery… total price was $250

2 Likes

IThanks, just to be sure did you order 62T or 72T? I was also wondering where to get bearings? I am tempted to try those generic Chinese on aliexpress but I am also a little worried they will disintegrate and send me flying. I am still deciding on trucks to use and even though I am not a fan, Trampa makes the most sense for me quality/cost wise.

62… not a typo… id rather gear down on the motor since a 60T currently works with my janux idler mount was trying to stay in that general size so i would have to find other mounts… they said their bearings for the hubs had an 8mm bore… vs the standard 10-12mm so we will see if its a plug n play fit onto my TB trucks…otherwise i was gonna have to do the 638s IIRC and a diy board bumper option of some sort…

1 Like

cool, I will wait for your review.

i know im kinda excited! i also lied… it was 250 for a full set and pulleys AND a full spare set of tire and tubes. =) #winning

3 Likes

While looking for pulleys I found those from Metroboard

https://metro-board.com/e-skate-shop/wheel-timing-pulley-metroboardx/

And you may all already know but they also sell those wheels, bit more expensive.

1 Like

So you’re basically saying that all Chinese companies are cheating scumbags and you have to cheat to win? I don’t understand.

Read the article two posts below that. It’s not my personal opinion, but rather a cultural difference.

@Tamatoa

heres my long review but not boring if i say so myself… one pulley has a little wobble so Ill take feedback on that…probably still useable… naturally with an 8" tire wheel bite is going to be an issue… more so on the rear of my deck so if anyone has any input on me re-drilling and shifting the trucks back about 1/2" (maybe less) im open.This is in the video… otherwise the tires seem good… the hub and spoke TBD once i get the other details ironed out.

6 Likes

That was pretty quick!!!

I did not watch it yet but I surely will. Thanks for letting me know.

well…i sprained my ankle saturday am riding to work…so now I cant really do shit lol… so may as well tinker with the board since I cant ride it for a few more days… BS bitch ass fall lol… now R&D to get the rears to fit right so I can test ride =)

2 Likes

Great review, at least I know what to expect with their pulleys. Thanks for sharing with us.

1 Like

i could be wrong but in the video it looks like that your front bushings are much tighter than the rear. But it should be the other way round. Stability at speed comes from a tight rear.

And you can try if the pulleys can be moved a tiny little bit if you loosen the screws. This way you can try to find the sweet spot where they don’t wobble. But only if the position can be adjusted by a little.

May try n loosen the bolts and see…also will try swapping to a different hub and see if any thing changes…

I also think I forgot I may still have a caliber 44 baseplate on the rear which could be part of the clearance issue I’m having… But got dat stability lol… Will experiment more today since its raining some so no reason to go outside =)

@Ackmaniac thx for the suggestion… There was just a hair of wiggle room to try and get the pulley to balance a bit better… Improvement, yes…perfect, no… But not any worse now than.anything ive had in the past… Was able to re drill and slide the rear truck back a 1/2" and now.good clearance and no wheel bute on my first low speed test ride… Will ride tomorrow a little longer and further if my ankle is feeling good… However the ride felt even softer than my 6" and a little higher off the ground… Naturally lol

so the ride is pretty cush… going from the 6" aliexpress to these is like cloud riding… especially over degraded asphalt…you know, the kind where its normal road…not terrible but getting to that point where youre thinking the city really needs to re pave this shit so i can ride my eskate fast and with ease…slowing down is for losers …lol…

20/60 on my 6" was still pretty punchy with good top end…

these are 18/62 and was hoping the 4 tooth overall change would offset the added 2" of tire but its def lacking a hair of torque off the line and in uphill climbing… this is the first time Ive “actually” felt something where i was like hmmm…

maybe for fun ill throw a 16t on the motor to see what the change is…will have to consult the calc first tho too,

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B21TIa3gaY-/ They really don’t like these copies.

3 Likes