Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

When the snow is picked up by the wheels, some of it comes out the side of the wheel guards and onto the belt directly.

What I can do is make that gap(between wheel and guards) on the inner side really small so that snow can’t fall through.

Or do it like you said, but the problem is that will be supported from just one side. So will probably vibrate and also give way to the tightly packed snow.

Ive tried swapping between rims and it gets somewhat better. But there is still vertical movement, on the pulley. It could also just be that the spacer (between the pulley and rims) could be warped a tiny bit since it is abs printed. Its not much vertical movement but enough to make belt tension hard to get right. I dont have acess to a printer so its hard for me to make a new one. Its just easier for me to get some evolve wheels with pulleys to get it right.

Hmm. Well if the 3D print is warped or the axis of the 3D printer are not perpendicular then that would cause that eccentricity no doubt. Sad it didn’t work out for you.

I have compound 9.5 inch trucks. Will they be ok for this wheels? What pulley wheel do you suggest? What is difference between 60t pulley and 40t? Im looking for torque. I have 230kv motor and 12s lipo battery. I weigh 100kg and I need torque. Is abs good for printing pulley? Is any filament better than abs?

In theory 9.5" sounds fine, but you’d better find out if people succeeded with these trucks.

As for pulleys, grab a 15:60 setup. It will have way more torque than 15:40 considering your kV of 230. Use a calculator to analyze the torque like:

I use two 168kV motors and torque should be above 40Nm. :smiley:

Only if you can print it warpless and know how much to scale up because of shrinkage.

I still stay with PETG.

1 Like

Tnx. Will be 9mm width of htd 5m belt enough or I should use 15mm width? For now I will printed 60t pulley, but I wil order aluminium htd 5m 60t pulley. Cost only 13€ in local shop.

9mm will be enough if you go for dual motors. :slight_smile:

Im on single motor…maybe next I will build new one with dual motors. But for this year I’m stuck on single motor build.

Then I think you should go for at least 12mm belt.

Sorry for the late respond have not had time to build lately but finally tried to fit the pulleys to my wheels and i first one gave me concern and im thinling twice before i ride since im a 250lbs rider. Here is what the first attempt gave me 15518254081948042491282898553568 Sorry for the ashiness but been crazy around my pad lately. Still as i tried iinstalling the attachment kinda cracked. I slowly screwed them on and took my time with a allen wrench but the second one i tried went in without any issues.

Is it ABS? Maybe it shrunk and you just need to scale them by 1 or 2%?

How did it crack? While tightening? What material?

basically the screw should go in into those holes easily, if not, just take a drill and make the hole slightly bigger. ABS is not very good in tension. If the hole is narrow, then the bolt will try to push it out. and break it.

Not sure i got them here but if they shrunk then i will definitely check the other 2 before i use them. Can everyone who has a set from this thread that you didnt 3d print urselves please state ur weight and if these have been holding up. I would really want to know before i put this on mine or my kids board. Just trying to play it safe and have a max weight limit measurement

1 Like

That’s the one that I sent you?

1 Like

I sanded them a bit before i inserted the screw all the way since it was a bit tight but my dumbass was listening to music while i was fitting them so not sure if it happened while i screwed them down u guys know if super glue can make these hold? Lol

I’ll send you a new one, but wanted to know how you cracked it. If you were using power tools and used too much torque, that can crack it too.

Yea thats 1 of them but its just 1 the others r fine no cracked but i have only tried to install 2 and 1 is cracked i am trying to use it for one of my boards but now i might just use it for my kids since they dont weigh more than 45lbs

weight shouldn’t have anything to do with if it cracks or not. It will be excess torque and tension in ABS part.

1 Like

No i used the allen wrenches and took my time but i didnt over tighten still like @murloc992 said of it shrunk then that might have caused it. Its all good better on the bench than on the road. On this first one tho the screws went in really easy it was the second one that they didnt yet that one didnt crack crazy lol

Got it. then it might have been me lol my bad u wouldnt have a spare would u or maybe a way i can fix it without a 3d printer since i dont own one