Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

Because I have two ruined tubes and the season is coming, I think I will go to my closest shop to grab some tubeless valves and tubeless liquid. FOR SCIENCE!

1 Like

Was able to recover the file. You can also see the wheel guards in action, both front and rear.

6 Likes

But since you still have to screw it on the schrader valve, air comes out when you are taking it off.

What I use is this. Once you are done filling air, you just don’t hold them together anymore. It just comes off with a small puff of air.

those pumps have the same function. you hear a short puff nothing more.

1 Like

I guess time to get one or just the hose itself since I already have a pump.

Here they mention the mechanism that prevents a lot of air from coming out.

1 Like

what do you think of these wheels:

https://www.superdroidrobots.com/shop/item.aspx/robot-drive-wheel-6-inch-pneumatic-tire/1988/ (pneumatic, partial hub)

https://www.amazon.com/Stander-Walker-Replacement-Wheels-Space/dp/B00SXP8X9O/ (pair, not that pneumatic)

would they work with a little bit of tweaking?

I’m having some issues with the pulley alignment. It’s ok from side to side but no matter how i install it i get some movement up and down (hopping). This makes the belts go from loose to tight when i rotate the wheel. Any tips?

Could it be a “one tooth off” scenario?

Or you can actually measure the pulley to be offset on different rim sides?

I mean, the chinese holes are not perfect, but it could be just your belt initially not meshing and skipping one tooth when turning by hand and then catching up, creating the feel of “too much tension, then too low tension”. I had this exact tension variation because of teeth not meshing correctly. I tensioned motors on the mounts ever so slightly and it was gone, because meshing is now fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah I get it. Interesting. So the pulley is a bit eccentric or the axis os the pulley is not aligned with axis of the wheel. The latter likely. What pulley are you using? 3D printed or versa.

I use 3d printed pulleys

If you can spin the wheel without the belt on, you can probably notice if the pulley is wobbly or not. Or if there’s a small piece of rock stuck to the pulley. That could also make it tight and loose as it rotates.

i would recommend to make the pulley so it has a flat surface with the rim, so it is perfectly flat

I just “cut” the spacer using Slic3r by 1mm and now it’s flush. This saved me 1mm of space for the 15mm belts to rest on.

I give up… i cant get the pulley to run true so it wont work like it supposed to… If anyone is looking for wheels or tubes in the EU just send a pm. Will get the evolve wheels and remove material on the hanger to make it fit.

so sad :confused:

Hey, I’m looking to print your wheel mud guards, can I make a request for caliber trucks and trampa treads (6.5" tires) thanks!

How about 8" pneumatics with trampa trucks on a 29" board?

4 Likes

Hey @Bjork3n

Would you be able to send me a photo or video of what’s wrong? It will be good for me to know if I have to modify my design or if the holes in the wheels are not symmetric about the centre?

If it’s the latter then you can try to exchange with the front wheels and see if the problem is solved.

Send me sketches of trucks cross section and wheel dimensions in PM. Or 3d part files.

maybe add a belt-guard that fits the rear wheel arches (would also benefit for mud etc) :sunglasses:

p.s. you’re setup ispired me, 6" AT, motors, motormounts and motor pulley are on the way (to replace my dual 90mm hub motor).

motormounts on eBay:

(According to the calculations it has about 5~6 teeth on the motor pulley (15T) with this center distance to the wheel (60T) )

1 Like