Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

Wonder if it is possible to “fix” them with a little persuasion by a soldering iron… :smiley: It’s the place where rubber meets with the start of actual valve thread…

I got a free one when I complained to vendor on aliexpress. But I also fixed(and still using it) the leaky one by putting some rubber glue and letting it dry for days.

2 Likes

Forgot to put this here for anyone looking to make their wheels fit 10mm axles and only got stock 8mm bearings

4 Likes

I made wheel guard to work with these wheels. The files are here. If you want to use them on your boards, let me know if they have to be modified a bit to fit yours. More angles here.

IMG_20190227_005302 IMG_20190227_005604

15 Likes

Fuck.yeah.! Those look.clean as hell!

4 Likes

I always had my suspicion but today I confirmed it . 40PSI vs 70 psi is 23wh/km vs 14wh/km for the same trip(&back) of 3.5km. Craaaazy!

Give it a shot. The tubes are super small and hence a tiny bit of leakage affects it. When removing the fill valve make sure you don’t let out lot of air. Even measuring it brings it down every single time I measure it. I have a lab supply that I can regulate to any PSI below 250, so I just set it to 70 and filled my tire. No measurements.

5 Likes

How is the comfort over rougher terrain?

Still very comfortable, even going over the gaps(the one with steel bars) in bridges. I used to dread them when using 100mm MBS wheels. With 83mm clone wheels those feel like they might break the trucks any moment. Haha.

2 Likes

that and curbs is the stuff of nightmares.

I think I’m loosing too much pressure when I disconnect… 23wh fast run with a big hill…

1 Like

Do you have a screw type filler valve? I used the one like you do at the gas station. Press and release. It hardly let’s out any air.

or get a small pump for a Mountainbike fork. Those also don’t lose pressure.

1 Like

this i noticed the first time i filled em… i was like WTF? but when yur used to airing up car tires or bike they have more air to play with… every pressure test let a hair out and affected end results… may add more air and test myself when I get back from my trip

1 Like

Which kind? A pic?

It’s a bike pump… I’ll try the compressor at work.

Honestly 20wh/km ain’t that bad with pneumatic tires :slight_smile:

Absolutely … I was very happy till i read 14wh!!

I just rode them through a snowfall, probably 1/4-1/2" snow. The tires handles so well. Only issue, actually a major one, is that my belt broke. I guess, because of the exact same reason that @b264 had, snow accumulating on the wheel pulley and getting bigger and bigger until the belt can’t take it anymore.

Made it to 2.7km instead of my usual 3.4km. Vesc reported a consumption of 26Wh/km.

I even took a video but battery died(unexpectedly, cold I assume) and phone didn’t even save the video :sob:

5 Likes

Snow breaks belts like nothing else in the world.

I’m not even worried about it being slippery. Slippery I can deal with.

It’s those belts you keep snapping… I think snow might be a good reason to graduate to gear drive

If it doesn’t break a belt it will pull your motor or idler pulleys loose

3 Likes

Or chains as a cheaper alternative that you need to maintain like a b…?

3 Likes