Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

Love it :star_struck:

1 Like

aā€™ightā€¦ heres my contribution for an assembly vid for anyone thats wants to see, needs to see, or is on the fenceā€¦ will try n edit ride footage while in transit tomorrow amā€¦ def more footage to be filmed after the new year when I get back home!

6 Likes

Hey useful video man thanks much. I guess Iā€™m still getting my wheels after all. It says next week :face_with_raised_eyebrow: welll was about that lol

Here ya go with a bit of ride footageā€¦ more to come and digging my new drone =)

3 Likes

Printing PETG at 255ā€™C is quite sturdy by itself and PETG is cheap, but fiddly to print. I donā€™t know how strong nylon is yet, but PETG at 255ā€™C is way stronger than ABS I used for pulleys before. Hell, I even used a 15T motor pulley printed from PETG for 300KM until it just melted. My motor was a 5045, way too small(I am 100 kilos) and usually reached 90ā€™C+. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 questions. I feel like I have seen 3d printed hubs for these. Does anyone have files for those? Also, Has anyone run the on normal caliber II trucks with 12mm belts on a dual drive?

I really doubt these can fit on normal Caliber IIs. Should be touching the board it way too many placesā€¦

was it @skatardude10 maybe? yellow print hubs?

1 Like

Assuming the deck allows. I am more talking about overall width of the wheel compared to urathane

Itā€™s 6x2 inches. So ~160mm by ~51mm.

How was the range with those wheels ?

Thanks @accrobrandon.

Yep, here you go @Trdolan03, these are @ptowncruiserā€™s hubs that Iā€™ve modified for a slightly better fit, more strength in the rim portions, and added additional third bearing for the pulley portion of the hubs. I donā€™t think these with the third bearing will fit on standard calibers, but if you have TB218s or caliber-Es they should work fine with the third bearing. They might even fit without the third bearing, Iā€™d measure it up in CAD first and use some calipers on your trucks to check though. If not, Iā€™d recommend following the link to @ptowncruiserā€™s original cad for these hubs in the thingiverse link thing description below. If you want you can even use his pulley and main hub with my outer thickened rim portion for more strength, they should be 100% compatible with each other.

1 Like

well i didnt map my ride distance BUT i didnt ride particulary far or long since its cold outā€¦but used up about 25% batteryā€¦ which typically would have been assumed 10ish percentā€¦ so i guess thats on par =/

On average I get 55wh/mi on my 6x2s filled to 45psi compared to 33wh/mi on 74A urethane. I guess that equals out to about 60% of the expected range on urethane with the same battery.

1 Like

Iā€™m running mine at 70psiā€¦

1 Like

What kind of range do you get compared to urethane?

Itā€™s definitely worse but Iā€™ve not done a direct comparison yetā€¦ Iā€™ll try and do one at the weekend. I managed 25wh/mi on canal towpaths for 5 miles but that was all pretty slow due to mud, walkers, my dogā€¦

how did the wheels feel offroad?

Is there anything special that I need to do to print PETG? I built a cardboard enclosure for printing ABS but this solution still isnā€™t fullproof to stop edge curling

No needs to prevent curling. Stringing on the other hand. Oh boy. Just need to have a full metal hotend and a direct-extruder printer which can support linear advance or nice retractions.