Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

also… i took this extra pic… i thought it was this thread where I had a discussion about the marc motor mounts… i have the “long” version which Im using for these pnuemius and for my 107s… but i got this used set off some one else… probably his medium version which is a bit smaller…as you can see the 107 starts to cover the idler area… medium is probably best suited for a 97mm max… but probably a no go for 6" tires…

1209182132_HDR

2 Likes

Looking forward to your video.

Just had my first ride on these things, and holy shit are they good. Granted I was running cheap clone 83mm before but its just so good

Hell yea bro I’m hella excited for you Can’t wait to see Ima just give in and order another set and hopefully they’ll come in this time lol

1 Like

Is that a pole dancing pole behind you? You are a lucky man.

2 Likes

Why? Do you pole dance too?

Are pole dancers generally lucky people? :thinking:

2 Likes

I would assume that someone would give him pole dances shows. But I am probably too narrow minded, he could very well be the one using it as you pointed out… Shit, I just froze imagining a dude pole dancing, scary mental image.

4 Likes

why don’t you try mounting drop through and reverse mount your motors instead of a drop down?

ahhaha… i left that as an easter egg…was wondering which one of you fawkers would notice first! =P Not to get to off topic, but yeah me and my girl both pole dance professionally traveling the globe. We’re movement artists n teach dance, inversions, floor, pole and aerial circus stuff… but this niche market has its perks… id take a pole anyday over football and some good ol man on man tackling =P u can google my name and find plenty of decent content BUT the reason I was stoked get all this rolling today is cuz tomorrow coincidentally im going to do a holiday show for a couple weeks with my Cirque company.

Not to take the thread of topic, but in the spirit of the holidays… and pole dancing lol… heres a clip from last years tour… if @mishrasubhransu wants me to delete it i will… next post i post will have footage from todays ride and assembly… but will be a few days :wink:

happy holidays! =)

5 Likes

i could… i just have enough everything, including a battery, to throw another board together (minus a deck)… so just makes sense to have an AT setup and nice fast one with my 107s…

1 Like

That is actually kinda badass. Glad it is not what I had in mind at all.

2 Likes

lol well it could be… ahahha… i do have a magic mike side that the ladies love… its not till u see the opportunity of the manly man side that it all comes together and then yur all like…im game! I think we could get a polynesian pole group started?? =P

1 Like

:joy::joy: dude my physical condition is not as great as yours. I don’t even think I can do 2 pull-ups.

Now just to stay on topic, I want to see your test ride video too. I am still missing belts before I am able to ride mine motorized.

did you think of doing a evolve type setup where you could swamp between your at wheels and 107’s or pulleys and belts wont line up the same?

btw I just got one step closer my deck came today!

I’ve got both these and polyurethane as a swappable setup… just has 2 different sets of belts.

1 Like

IMG_20181211_182659 IMG_20181211_182705 IMG_20181211_182711 @mishrasubhransu here’s some photos, currently only running one motor as I’m getting a second ESC hopefully next week

2 Likes

This looks good! You are the only other person who’s using this alternate setup. Everyone else is going the versa pulley way. I wonder how long the pulley will last? BTW, did you print it yourself? What printer?

2 Likes

No. He is not the only one. I have not finished my build though. I had them printed in nylon. I have no printer myself.

3 Likes

Printed using a Tevo Tarantula with ABS. I got this thing fully built after trading it for some random DIYeboard parts I had lying around. Only ridden it for like 30 minutes so don’t know about strength. Probably will eventually print in nylon once I learn how to

Sorry, maybe a bit off topic … Just to share a French colleague DIY work with hub motor on/in this wheels :blush:

(link French forum here)

12 Likes