Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

Teaser IMG_20181207_161855 IMG_20181207_161913

7 Likes

looks nice, are you going to make it metal?

1 Like

Probably not. Had this design rotting in a folder for a while, so just gave it a print. Basically this attaches to a disc brake plate. The placement of holes on the disc meant I had to have the same holes on the wheel and that was less than idea because they are closer to center. So I made these locking features to hold the rim in place. They will probably fail and then Iā€™ll think of a proper design for disc brakes. Haha.

1 Like

If anyone has access to cnc or wants to have it made in aluminum, I can give you the files for free. BTW, these are meant to go on the front wheels.

If you are thinking of CNCing then there is also a cheaper way than making the entire wheel. It will basically be an adapter that attaches to the aliexpress wheels. Iā€™ll post it here in a few days.

IMG_20181208_000142 IMG_20181208_000203 IMG_20181208_000443

16 Likes

Damn this is super cool. Using this would allow me to be one step closer to being legally allowed to ride my esk8 on the roads in Victoria, Aus

1 Like

Nice! Letā€™s see where this goes. Do you ride pneumatics now?

Finally figured out how to get ABS printing properly. Just have a single wheel which has a pulley on it, the other 3 wheels just arrived in customs yesterday so only a couple more days! Then just need to get a second ESC then Iā€™ll be flying

1 Like

Check this out @moon

1 Like

looks cool. How does it fit mounted? iā€™m concerned about turn clearance.

Mate :star_struck: !! Itā€™s awesome ! AWESOME ! AWESOME !! AWESOME !!! Its what Im thinking about for mtb :

control it with a servo when you use brake on your board :facepunch:

1 Like

Nice, maybe I can use it on the pneumatic wheels I am making

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the plan. Distribute the braking force.

1 Like

Adapter for the disc, to be CNCed in aluminum, coming soon for ali express wheels for a super affordable disc brake setup.

2 Likes

Would an ABS adapter be possible? Or not enough strength for this application?

Problem is that abs has to hold m6 threads and I donā€™t trust it. Youā€™ll understand when I have the adapter readyā€¦

Canā€™t have a hex nut at the end instead?

Sadly no, because the hub has 3 holes and disc brake has 5 holes. There is no way to space things out nicely.

Oh that makes sense. Best to just ignore me Iā€™m far from an engineer hahaha

Iā€™m getting there i finally got my trucks and pulleys after a week of usps delays.

IMG_7523

IMG_7521

7 Likes

Im just a step ahead! Operation test ride begins tomorrow afternoonā€¦ just in time before i leave town for 2 weeksā€¦ i scared to see where my range will drop toā€¦but hoping for a nice cushy rideā€¦ may have to order a drop down deck while im gone so i have another money pit to work onā€¦ =P I made an assembly vidā€¦ which ill edit this weekā€¦ used a slightly smaller bearing for idlersā€¦and a 410mm beltā€¦ i got 415mm just in case but to much slack although could be remedied by going back to standard size bearingsā€¦ but space gets tight around the bend from wheel pulley to bearingā€¦

1209182205_HDR 1209182206_HDR

5 Likes