Cheap ABS plastic enclosures

If you use and esc yes but most intelligent people here use vesc and able to pull some serious amps from there battery

1 Like

Itā€™s actually not that heavy, 13 kilos compared to 12 for my raptor 2. Only problem is I canā€™t tow it due to the motor mounts being a tad Long and scraping the ground so I have to tow it from the back but then my hands would touch the motors. Been thinking about mounting a bull bar on top Of the back baseplate

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I use adhesive neoprene instead of rubber. Itā€™s more like foam, so it encases the edges of your enclosure more while still providing protection against water.

Yes, I was just looking at their aluminum enclosures. They would only work top mounted, but theyā€™re ridiculously cheap, and theyā€™re thick and heat wicking.

The highest amperage Iā€™ve seen a vesc claim to be able to pull is the dual fsesc 6.6 at like 200A. Whatā€™s a single motor vesc that can pull off 100a or 150a?

You obviously havenā€™t seen the esc that @mmaner has tested. I may be wrong but I think it can handle 200a for each

Is it commercial or custom? Where might I get it? Iā€™m planning a 12s5p with sk8 6374 192kv, but Iā€™ll go to 12s7p if I can find a good enough VESC

Well this thread is a train wreck.

I think that OP started this thread with the best intentions. He clearly stated that he was having trouble finding cheaper alternative to a custom enclosure. I donā€™t think anyone here thinks that a cheep abs case is as good as a custom enclosure but sometimes spending that much money is not an option. The point here was to find some acceptable solution for those on a tight budget. He then suggests a good supplier that Iā€™ve never seen mentioned here before. They have some great looking cases for someone who wants an easy or temporary solution. He then asks for community feedback and invites discussion around developing cheaper cases. IMO thatā€™s a pretty good first post.

yet some how we ended up here, where all productive discussion has been drowned out by shit flinging.

I do believe you get what you pay for and you canā€™t compare cheep hardware like hobby king mounts to the custom things that our skilled forum members make. But I also believe there is value the assessing solutions that provide good ā€œbang for your buckā€. Whilst the hobby king mounts might be cheep and nasty they have probably helped many more DIY builders get into this great hobby.

Additionally you should all understand that sometimes its better to make something yourself. Even if you could buy something better. And you defenatley learn more, even if it costs you in time.

I think that some of the more senior forum members have to remember that you were all new to this once and is far better for the community to post constructive comments and suggestions rather than instantly shutting people down.

6 Likes

I honestly donā€™t know if you are being a troll or have serious disconnect with reality. I was cringing reading your replies.

Thank you.

Hahahaha. @b264, I donā€™t think he got it.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve got the biggest balls and the smallest brain to try and fight against dareno lmfao

Heā€™s been more of a figure for the community than you have been, Youā€™ve got to be buggin :joy:

1 Like

Nice find. How did you find that website, BTW? Are there other similar websites too I should check when looking for Chinese products? My go to is alibaba.

I personally use 1688(domestic china Alibaba) as Iā€™m fluent in Chinese

Do they ship internationally though?

Yeah u gotta ask them

For the record. I never once asked a vender if i could gather up 100 customers so that the vendor could do all of the marketing, packaging and shipping. all so i could get myself a discount. I also never asked torqueboards 100 questions about Ollinā€™s vescsā€¦

Look, I work my ass off to make this stuff. Iā€™m one of a handful of people that do. Weā€™ve done all the research for you, tested all of the shitty offerings for you, seriously. Paved the way and tied your friggen shoes for you. No matter how you look at it. When somebody says hobbyking and Target veggie trays are probably just as good and that you should lower your prices. Itā€™s insulting. So whatever, donā€™t buy from me.

7 Likes

do you have a link to those tires?

I already linked them above