Cheap ABS plastic enclosures

This is the bit where you tell everyone youā€™ve been here for 3 years but only joined in November?
Yeah heard that one before. The point is the 2 of you are in here spouting spurious opinions based on very little experience and arguing with people that actually know what they are doing. Not only is this disrespectful its stupid because when you eventually need some advice the answers will be slow to come. Do love the name though and if that is your actual name then well done to your parents.

2 Likes

TIL having an opinion is disrespectfulā€¦

Can we shut this thread down? Weā€™re not going anywhere and I donā€™t need to get notifications for this abuse.

1 Like

I think you know exactly what I am talking about and you are just being deliberately obtuse. Your level of education must have given you some semblance of a social skill set.
Kids right @mmaner Mike can we end this farce.

Please review the thread. I have been nothing but respectful this entire time, yet have been the subject of insults and abuse.

4 Likes

When you come off hot and heavy stating nobody else knows what they are doing, itā€™s no surprise when itā€™s actually you who doesnā€™t.

Esk8 take a lot of abuse with vibrations and water/brine and have to be EXTREMELY durable. Way more than other products. If you donā€™t make it correctly, it will break immediately. (Of course you will get that one ride for youtube or your homework assignmentā€¦)

A lot of things I made broke on the first ride evenā€¦

But you choose not to listen to that because you want to feel the stuff breaking for yourself, which is fine. But stating that will be ā€œcheaperā€ is not factual because you will spend more in the end, like so many folks here that are trying to tell you something.

1 Like

Whether or not Iā€™m wrong, I would still request that you go back over the thread to see how the interaction occurred. Best case scenario, a bunch of pros just destroyed a noob trying to make a lame claim about enclosures. Worst case scenarioā€¦ I donā€™t know.

1 Like

Hey Brian I think the point is how much value do you get for each dollar spent, cheap crap does suck, but thereā€™s a point where youā€™re spending somewhat unnecessary money unless you really like that product.

For example, Iā€™ve had 8 boards from 2016, evolves, arc boards, an ownboard, a raptor 2, 4 diys , and the only one that hasnā€™t broke down on me has been the 2000 yuan (300 usd) ownboard on an icarus deck. The rest especially the evolve and raptor, theyā€™ve both broken down more times than I can count on both hands and feet. Iā€™ve ridden all of them a lot, at least a thousand Kms each(3-4k on the evolve and raptor) with the exception of the arc and my most recent diy

Itā€™s the illusion of quality that comes with price, which is the point here. There can be cheap and great stuff like boardnamics 15 and 20 dollar mounts, and then expensive crap like mboards reseller parts or evolve boards.

Iā€™d say after using @riverside.rider haggy parts they seem to have the best value for $ if you want performance. His service is impeccable too.

Even the raptor 2 that uses high quality parts run into so many issues, due to how many parts there are, and how easy it is to fuck up on the assembly line due to the complexity of assembly compared to say a boosted or meepo.

4 Likes

If you think they are too expensive you should have jumped on the Black Friday deal @psychotiller had going they were all for $40 an incredible deal. I have 2 of his enclosures and they are great. I have had some good size stones hit the enclosure and it didnā€™t get a scratch so I would have to say you should get the enclosure from him

1 Like

Yeah the 40 dollar deal was Super sweet. Nice and thick abs that almost fit my 10s10p (had to add some extra gaskets ). Only gripe is the finishing on the edges were rough and sharp at different places but some sandpaper took care of that

1 Like

10s10p?? How could you handle the amperage?

Iā€™m a speed and torque junkie :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t your ESC melt? :joy:

What deck is that?

But how do you carry it? Do you have an 11 meter long trailer you pull behind you?

4 Likes

Man you wonā€™t believe how cumbersome it is to lug around.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018F377QS/ref=ox_sc_act_image_9?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

2 Likes

This seems to happen a lot. I feel like you have been pretty respectful and havenā€™t really said much to piss anyone off, imo.

Either way, I like the topic of this thread and some of the on topic discussion has been great. Iā€™m all for saving money, and like the Chinese six shooter thread or whatever it is, Iā€™m one of those people who are willing to compromise in certain areas just because I donā€™t have thousands or even hundreds to spend Willy nilly after having bought some quality parts that matter.

I love the idea of just a rubber sheet as a replacement for an enclosure, maybe some nylon printed reinforcement for impact resistance under there would be great.

And I had no idea about that polycase companyā€¦ They have full aluminum enclosures (dual ESC sized) for $25, Iā€™m thinking the enclosure could be an integrated heatsink itself with some thermal adhesive and neoprene foamā€¦ Mmm

5 Likes

At what point is it easier to use something like a hose reel to wind it up?

@Allofyoush those are great, I use them

1 Like