Chasing Time | HAYA | Venom Magnum MACH 1 | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | OKP/UNiK mounts | Unity | 12s4p VTC5A | SPARKLE

yeah, so far I got Surf Rodz RKP, so I’m going to use them.

In terms of space on the hanger axle, I would need (thread not counted) 6 + 10 + 6 + 10 + 1 mm = 33mm.

I could reduce this it a bit more by pushing the internal pulley bearing closer to the wheel bearing on the inside but I’m going to test it like that.

2 Likes

Sweet deal so a 45-50 mm axel will be more then enough very stoked for these . cheers okp

1 Like

yeah, what trucks are you planning to use that have a 45/50mm axle?

1 Like

Well I have some area rf1 and some area k5 with extended axels that are about 45mm and I have the e caliber sitting around with a 47mm axel so I was verifying that any truck with 14+mm axel from the stock length at 35mm should work

1 Like

these looks dope. Once I’m done with the MACH1 Pulleys which seems now to be a matter of days, I’ll make a mount for these babies

10 Likes

Yeesss please. these are sooo nice okp Sold sold sold …I’ll take a couple sets of mounts and a couple sets of magnum wheel pully when your complete this build 100% …thank you so much

2 Likes

for the valentines lovers.

10 Likes

Good news. I’m done with the 3D prototyping of the pulleys. Time to get these babies milled out of a solid block of AL7075 with a nice black anodized finish.

7 Likes

Good one! Bonhams, Sotheby’s or Christie’s, you get to choose in like 40 years :joy::crazy_face:

2 Likes

DSC00130

35 Likes

Now let’s look at the motor mounts.

1 Like

Sexy yet threatening

2 Likes

Ya damn tease. Show us the build already.

1 Like

Drip feeding is just cruel. lol

5 Likes

eheh, thanks for the feedback. I’m showing step by step the progress, don’t see this as a tease. I’m now wondering if should go dual diagonal or dual rear. Probably dual rear but still don’t know what motors, kv and so on. Probably 190kv or maybe 150,

I have not decided it yet.

1 Like

dual front?

all this discussion about truck kinematics and powered wheels has left me wordering if it is actually better to power the front axle…

2 Likes

Go 4wd problem solved.

For looks only rwd I think is the way to go.

fwd might be better in certain situations just like rwd is.

I say it is just a preference thing ultimately. Same with bushings and trucks.

I was thinking with the area rf1 because they are much smaller then the surfrods.With the DH 176mm I was gonna go duel ying yang style single front and rear… as I’ve learned from high power rear wheel will spit you sideways when loosing traction in a corner under throttle I don’t have this problem with my high powered one wheel …it will spin but won’t throw me sideways like a muscle car does…or hit a crack or bump full throttle in a tuck on the front truck and it will spit you sideways or the big wheels start bouncing in the back …wheel hop then spits you sideways…so far I’m thinking front and rear with 150 or 170kv for more torque for bigger gears and 12s is just under the 60k rpm…I think 190 kv is over 60k erpm at 12s … 18t motor and 32t with 78 mm wheels this should get me close to 60kmh 35 mph area I think

1 Like

Dual diagonal does great things if you’ll ever be in rain or snow

2 Likes

@okp I need a set of these pullies in aluminum and motor mounts for surfrodz

3 Likes