Chasing Time | HAYA | Venom Magnum MACH 1 | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | OKP/UNiK mounts | Unity | 12s4p VTC5A | SPARKLE

DSC00130

35 Likes

Now let’s look at the motor mounts.

1 Like

Sexy yet threatening

2 Likes

Ya damn tease. Show us the build already.

1 Like

Drip feeding is just cruel. lol

5 Likes

eheh, thanks for the feedback. I’m showing step by step the progress, don’t see this as a tease. I’m now wondering if should go dual diagonal or dual rear. Probably dual rear but still don’t know what motors, kv and so on. Probably 190kv or maybe 150,

I have not decided it yet.

1 Like

dual front?

all this discussion about truck kinematics and powered wheels has left me wordering if it is actually better to power the front axle…

2 Likes

Go 4wd problem solved.

For looks only rwd I think is the way to go.

fwd might be better in certain situations just like rwd is.

I say it is just a preference thing ultimately. Same with bushings and trucks.

I was thinking with the area rf1 because they are much smaller then the surfrods.With the DH 176mm I was gonna go duel ying yang style single front and rear… as I’ve learned from high power rear wheel will spit you sideways when loosing traction in a corner under throttle I don’t have this problem with my high powered one wheel …it will spin but won’t throw me sideways like a muscle car does…or hit a crack or bump full throttle in a tuck on the front truck and it will spit you sideways or the big wheels start bouncing in the back …wheel hop then spits you sideways…so far I’m thinking front and rear with 150 or 170kv for more torque for bigger gears and 12s is just under the 60k rpm…I think 190 kv is over 60k erpm at 12s … 18t motor and 32t with 78 mm wheels this should get me close to 60kmh 35 mph area I think

1 Like

Dual diagonal does great things if you’ll ever be in rain or snow

2 Likes

@okp I need a set of these pullies in aluminum and motor mounts for surfrodz

3 Likes

I launched 4 pulleys as prototype that I should get in 10 days, probably less and I’ll now work on the motor mounts.

6 Likes

@Eboosted these wheels will be very nice on your moonshine sidekick. These are my plans too for my outlaw or another sidkick because I can’t stop buying them most versatile short long board I’ve tryed to date…you can street skate the shit out of it and do 35mph on the same super soft set up and 50degrees plates… @okp Alan has 176 surfrodz on his sidekick build if you wanted to see how much play between the two different sizes of trucks … me personally enjoy a smaller 150 to160mm size truck it’s much easier to keep stable also by far grippier and faster going into and out of corners.

update - I should get the aluminium prototypes around 28th of Feb!

4 Likes

When do you estimate the final group buy is(March… april…may? :smiley: ) I might like a tiny wheel build :+1:

as soon as I got the prototypes pulleys, I will do quality check and testing fit same day and then we can start to arrange a real production ! the sooner the better!

2 Likes

I’m in for a set! These things are freaking massive!

3 Likes

@okp I’m in for a set too, I’m fallen in love with 76mm and really want to try those Magnums!

2 Likes

great guys ! start a list here or a google sheet and then I’ll ask for a quote to my supplier.

3 Likes

Waiting for this pulley as well planing on doing a nice build with this

2 Likes