General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

I just got black 90s from @JLabs. If that’s too small than I’m swapping in the 97mm Flywheels.

1 Like

From the latest Kickstarter update it appears Carvon are moving from A123 26650 LifePO4 cells to potentially 20700 or 21700 (or larger??) Li-Ion cells. The original EVO design was claimed (somewhere on Reddit) to use a 14S2P pack. I calculate that to approx. 224Wh if using ANR26650M1B cells.

I wonder what the new configuration will be? The new post states 12S. Would that still be at 2P or now 3P?

There’s a good writeup on the new cells here: https://www.electricbike.com/new-21700-cells/

1 Like

Hubify your wheel chair !

5 Likes

Hmm…so it seems that the mini version of Carvon v3 have removable hub inserts so we could have a lot more options for different wheel sizes than the regular V3. Not sure what sizes tho :confused: Jerry mentioned 83mm and 90mm… but I am wondering if bigger sizes would fit too.

I would have backed this like a lot of people we dont hear about it till its over i would have gave a 1000 or 1500 the evo is going to be the best selling eboard cant wait to order 1 but 2000 is to high for me with import vat ill wait for a deal to come up cant wait

Did you all also read Carvons response in the comments section of his latest kick starter update? They are planning to ship the 1st batch of evo 2’s and the motor only orders in the next couple weeks! If they can actually deliver boards in July as originally predicted I will be very impressed. PS: Carvon noted they will ship the 1st batch of boards to people in Southwest USA in case their are any early model bugs to work out and continue delivering boards throughout AUG.

Cheers all!

1 Like

None of the highly anticipated or game changing eboard kickstater campaigns I know of delivered anywhere near their original target. My best friend waited like 6 months for his V2 boosted and still doesnt have the extended battery ge paid for like a year ago.

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas, I’m back on my board now that my 12S charger arrived. 97mm wheels would be awesome but with my board (cantellated Tesseract) similar to a 33" jet spud/potato, I don’t have the deck cut outs for larger wheels. I’m running 90mm Abecs for this reason and it’s working out fine for me. Clearance has been more than enough so far with 90mm wheels. I have the luxury of some really smooth parking lot asphalt… I’m going to try to run the 83mm Flywheels and see how the trade off for torque and top speed goes… since it’ll take about a minute to swap, why not? :grin:

I’m pretty sure though, 90mm and 97mm will be the sweet spots for most people running these V3 motors. Cheers guys!

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, if anyone local wants to organize a group ride down here in south Orange County I’ll be around all week! I have some really smooth parking lots we can rip through here in Rancho Santa Margarita. Anyone down to get together and ride??

1 Like

Are u free Saturday? Im up for a ride in your neighborhood.

1 Like

@DaviDjembe Dude any chance for a video with torque, startup & uphill ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@NAF Hey man! Sure, I’ll be happy to take some video of the V3s at start up on flats and also up a hill. But… I’m not sure how to measure the incline of the hill lol :thinking: Most of my riding where I stay in Rancho Santa Margarita is flat. Still, I’ll do my best to get a video for you in the next couple days :+1:

I’ve not ridden hub or direct drive motors before these V3s. All my experience thus far is with belt drives. In my experience, belts can obviously be geared to give you more torque off the line and to take you faster up hills.

Carvon’s new motors are geared much differently than anything else I’ve tried. Jerry told me to think of it as a car in high gear… you’re not going to pull as fast off the line, the acceleration is VERY gradual. In a few seconds, however, you will be going 30mph and you’ll keep pulling probably up to 35 or 40mph, no sweat. And without the belts, there is absolutely no drag! When you accelerate hard and let off the throttle, you don’t feel that sudden “lurch” forward you get with belt drives. Another plus I noticed is when coasting, you don’t seem to slow down at all. It’s very different feeling and honestly it’s a little scary because while acceleration is slower, you reach high speeds effortlessly :fearful:

For now, I’m cool right around 30mph :sweat_smile: Give me a few weeks and maybe I’ll push harder. Hope the small write up helps. I’ll post a video soon

2 Likes

When will the v3 ship out?

Carvons IG says motor only orders start shippomg the end of the month.

1 Like

Yeah like starting in 2nd gear from a stand still…but after that it zoom-ville

1 Like

My Carvons used to feel lime a 2nd gear start too. Then I turned tbe motor amps up to the max :wink:

How far did you go with with MotorMax settings for your Carvons ? Jerry said I shouldn’t go more than with 70a Motor Max .And even now with 70a I am a little bit scarred that I am overheating the motor.

Well, we should definately listen to Jerry if he says 70 motor amps, but Ive had them set much higher and they come off the line as fast as as my Carbon GT. How many battrry Amps are u running with the 70 Motor amps?

I have Battery Max Settings at 60a but I use only Carvon Single v2.5 .

Ive been running 30-40A battery and 120A motor on both the dual motor builds for a while but Im constantly checking them for heat. They barely get warm with light riders even when climbing hills but get too hot when I ride them hard for more than a couple miles