Carvon Discussion

Bay Area and I have family near ish to LA

1 Like

hello Chase, I live close to Pasadena. May I join the case?

Thanks,

1 Like

I’ll have them bring you into the group chat. It’s at a bit of a standstill at the moment but I’ll let you read the posts with our options.

1 Like

Why not use the pm system in if privacy is a concern

Not sure. It’s not really sensitive information, I think some people would just rather keep it out of the public until we decide what to do.

1 Like

Can you add me too please? Bay Area but I could maybe show up to LA

1 Like

Helllooo, just wanna throw myself in (finally). I haven’t been watching eskate enough obviously! I myself am out about $1,750 from the original Kickstarter (EVO complete + separate motors and other stuff) - recieved NOTHING. In case anyone is adding up a total tally for those who got the shaft…would be interesting to know. @Chase Glad to see somebody stepping up some action. I’m in Colorado, so probably can’t join as a plaintiff…

1 Like

I’m another victim of Jerry’s business venture. Inspired by his Kickstarter campaign, I put up $1199 for EVO 2WD preorder in February 2017. Foolish in retrospect, as I could find so little information about the guy. But Jerry appeared to have such an excellent reputation amongst this community of ESkaters. Because I’m a preorder, couldn’t comment to the KS site. Strung along by enthusiastic postings on this forum, some infrequent email replies from Jerry as well as some video reviews…I waited far too long, and now appears to be a complete loss. $1200 is a Huge loss for me, but the lost time waiting and crushed hopes and dreams, was even a greater loss in a way. I’ve been a skateboarder here in Maryland (DC area) since about 1977…a vert skater, long boarder, downhiller. I still have roadrash scars on my hips, and in a similar way, will be a skateboarder forever. So this emerging Eskate technology is a perfect way for me to get back on the board and do some cruising in my older age. At the time, in 2017, I was researching Eskate heavily and concluded that an entrepreneur like Jerry could do a much better job than I could. SO here I am, over 2-1/2 years later having lost my entire budget and nothing to show for it. Nothing. Nobody in my generation is into this, so I’ve never even ridden an electric longboard - only dreamed about it…ALOT. I’m EXTREMELY angry but have no recourse that I know of. A lot of you have lost far more than I have. I’d also be interested to know who else has been burned. Would it be possible to start a forum or site entitled, something like, “Victims of CARVON, (aka) LEVer, (aka) Jerry Palacio…etc.” ?? I don’t want to see this Jerry move on to some other venture (such as E-Scooters) and burn a whole new generation of enthusiasts.

PS: Now I’m looking at torqueboards direct drive, maybe diy’s 12S4P, Landy 40” falcon, Focbox…would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks guys…Dave

3 Likes

That sounds like a good plan to rival any Carvon builds Jerry would have made.

Since the FocBox is discontinued perhaps a Unity (if you can wait and want to play the pre-order game again) or the more apt to deliver Flipsky vescs.

saturn, i don’t think this man wants to gamble on a product again :wink:

5 Likes

If you still want to go the pre-built route on a limited budget, check out some of the tried and true brands like Exway, Meepo, and umm, I’m sure there are a couple others.

https://forum./t/the-exway-x1-pro-think-of-it-as-a-999-lexus/1595

Hey, I’m glad I can contribute. I’m loving my Meepo - to an extent. I’ve had it for over 6 months at this point & it’s being ridden a few times a week at minimum. I would recommend a longer version than the 30 inch I bought. It handles well, is reliable & is quite fun. Yeah, I did NOT get my Car Von which sucks - but I found a pre-built that stands behind their product.

Side notes: My Meepo got shipped quickly. It does have some JERKY/SUDDEN acceleration/braking- which sucks. I want to upgrade the ESC & fine tune that part of it (but it works fine so I haven’t got around to it). Motors are powerful & work well (mild hills, tall hills without expecting too much for a hub motor - you know it’s NOT a belt drive, but it needs minimal maintenance). Grip tape, trucks, motors, battery all work great! This is probably after about 500 miles, but I’m done counting at this point.

1 Like

Deck swap it for a drop through carvy cut away 36 upwards board and the twitchy shit goes away. You won’t look back. I recently upgraded the esc to the hobbywing version and that is a big improvement too. They make great back up boards and have fantastic customer service. Best bang for buck starter board on the market right now.

I cant believe Jerry took all of that money and ran… What a jerk.

4 Likes

If you want more information @Mikenopolis can bring you into a discussion of the other victims

1 Like

I’m sure that’s what you meant

Oops 10char

1 Like

Hi @Chase Sorry I disappeared from the internet (like Jerry… oof). Been really involved with life and honestly sometimes I forget this whole thing happened to me… then I remember, and get an instant hit of rage. Just wondering what’s going on now. I don’t come on this website very often because I have a onewheel and it serves me just fine. Read your post from back in May… did i miss the court case? I’d be willing to DM you my phone number so I don’t miss anything.

2 Likes

Yeah whenever discussions were first occurring we concluded that each of us would have to file an individual small claim against him or try to start a class action lawsuit. I was willing to try to do that but it’s hard to get a lawyer for a business that has basically no assets and is going to go bankrupt before the case starts. At this point everyone pretty much dropped out of the conversation and stopped replying.

2 Likes

That’s crazy… I guess money talks… Everything seems to have gone to shits lately. :cry: