Meepo 2.0 Review

So, couldn’t find much info on the Meepo V2 when I was shopping for a new get around town board. A Little background: this is my second out of 3 Eboards (3rd will be a Carvon once they decide to finalize it & ship it to me). First board was a Koowheel DM3 & it worked great for about 300 miles… then failed. I’ve been long-boarding for many years, as well as snowboarding & little bit of surfing. I didn’t get paid or any discount for creating this review (although it’d be nice).

Version I bought was the 2.0, 30inch with shredder trucks, with the upgraded Sanyo Battery. I’m used to longer boards but figured I can always do a deck swap later if needed.

When it arrived I noticed the nice packaging. I re-tightened/checked the setup & it was about 95% fine. I was Not expecting super high quality control. It came FULLY CHARGED & Remote was charged too, they know how excited we are to try out our new toys. The controller fits nicely in the hand, comes with a good rubbery grip has easy to read Lights, comes in BLACK (they used to only have some funky colors for the V2) which is great for when you want to keep it professional & 4 ride modes as well as reverse. Can use the remote with gloves w/ pucks.
Remote Negatives = power/mode button is too close to the reverse button & I wear gloves, so I have to be careful about accidental pressing. I now test the board w/ remote before getting on to make sure it’s going forward. Also the “throw/lever” is much more sensitive than the Koowheel - which I thought was also a bit too sensitive at first but eventually got used to the Koowheel. This one is REALLY twitchy in top 2 modes especially last mode. The only way to use Mode 4 is to get up to speed in mode 3 then switch over, but you have to go through all the modes again to get back to 3 (3 more clicks), so mode 4 is only practical if you’re cruising down some long bike path with no stop/go situations or crowds of people. Even though Mode 4 is fastest mode & if you’re in the street commuting w/ city traffic you’d want that extra few MPH, it’s too twitchy to use in stop/go or slowing down speeding up situations.

Board feels heavy for being so small but it’s what it is. Push to start or turn on is nice as I don’t have to remember to turn on remote & turn on board, just go. The Sanyo version Comes with the upgraded 3A charger for 2.6 hours (per Meepo’s claims). I really don’t see why they are even trying to sell the lesser batteries; as the Sanyo’s are “Okay” batteries. I can sometimes feel the voltage sag going uphill & it doesn’t seem to go 17 miles (although I have not fully measured this claim). For reference I’m about 200lbs fully clothed with gear. Their tester’s are small guys, so maybe that’s where they get 17 miles. Also, I’ve only tested in cold weather so far, I wonder how often it will cut the power when it gets hot out. So far I’ve gotten 13-15 miles before it gets really slow & that was not full throttle or being hard on it; as I’m still getting comfortable with the board. Battery life will always diminish over time. No one will get More miles the older the battery gets; so I’m glad that I paid for the better of the two batteries they offered. Nice that battery has a 4 bar gauge on the outside of the casing & another battery gauge on the remote.

The 30" board is very different than the longer boards out there. Much less stable at speed, but much more maneuverable (trade-offs) & the fact that it came with a kick-tail is GREAT! as I can make those tight corners or turn around easily. I would suggest the platypus looking KT version if you want a longer deck (looks super goofy IMO). The 30" board shape is strange as it doesn’t really serve any purpose; yet the grab handle on the end of the board is PERFECT placement (never did like those side handles) I want grab handles for every E-board now! When I saw the shape I thought that I could plant my feet on those two parts that stick out, but that leaves a very narrow stance… However, even with the 90mm that come stock there is no wheel bite.

Speaking of wheels, get something/anything different. These are Large wheels that come with it, but they are not worth keeping & I don’t feel as though they are 78a, they feel much harder = more like 85a. I had some new Race Formula Wheels 70mm 80a laying around & slapped them on just to see the difference… Huge difference. They feel great & not as hard as the stock wheels. Also I changed out the stock bearings for some Bones Ceramic Super Reds, again huge improvement - makes for a much smoother ride & those Ceramics just glide for days…

I’ve put about 40 miles on it so far, so this is still a very young review. I’m glad I got what I did & am mostly happy about the purchase. Bigest gripe is the remote being so sensitive in last 2 modes (*I keep wheeling when taking off from a stop or even from about 3-5MPH).

So, yeah, takes some getting used to, still dialing it in. Probably next is a change of bushings, to some cones, maybe Venom’s. Any Questions, or things that I didn’t cover let me know.

Last bearings you’ll ever buy: https://bonesbearings.com/bones-reg-ceramic-super-reds-reg-skateboard-bearings-8-pack

Some specs from Meepo’s site:

## Top Speed ## Up to 28 mph / 45kmh
## Range ## Up to 11 miles (17 miles on SANYO)
## Hill Climbing ## Up to 30% Grade
## The weight of Board ## 16 lbs / 7.5kg
4 Likes

I’m confused how you didn’t find much info on the Meepo v2. There are so many reviews and comparisons out there with this board.

1 Like

Hmmmm, for the past few months while I was looking for boards, there was Not many informative reviews on the 30inch board… (short version). & also not so much/many reviews with the Sanyo/Tesla battery. But thanks for chiming in.

I gotta be honest man, either you weren’t looking hard enough or had really high standards or something like that.

Here are a few I found in a couple minutes: