Carvon Direct Drive Tuners Thread - Share your tips, tricks & recommendations

I would think youd calculate for the lower geated axle at 100%. Thats the speed I reached when I mixed hubs front and rear with differemt KV’s (70kv amd 130kv).

1 Like

Those Bigfoot wheels are junk. At least that’s what I read on the silverfish forum…

Nobody who had tried them had anything positive to say about them.

Schitty rebound iirc…

dude… they are clones.

yes they are they’re own brand but it is a brand that clones the cores of legit Abec 11 Flywheels

They are exactly your typical clone with there logo stamped on it. I have a pair and they are just as bad as the non stamped clones.

For those that need Service just in case they blow a DRV

https://drvwizard.com/

3 Likes

I have the F1 superfly on the way Already have one pair of V3 only need the other and the build will be alive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gonna make a build thread?

I hav the deck, 4 VESC , 2 x drive and mostly all i need Battery will be finished in one week. I ll start the thread in a few days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look what I brought with me to Hawaii :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Carvon added evo 4wd, looks like your setup?

https://www.carvonskates.com/store/p58/CARVON_EVO_4WD_--_Introductory_Sale_Price!.html

It’s sick that this is available to order

2 Likes

Nice, that looks like my go to travel deck, V2.5s on a loaded truncated tesseract!

That looks like torqueboards 33" carbon deck

Yeah and for a less than it cost me to build it.

Yeah, I couldn’t resist. I threw it together Wed night after work. @chinzw you got it.

If you are in Maui, check out World Surf League Big Wave Tour Pe’ahi Challenge just began, insane stuff…enjoy trip eitherway!

1 Like

Im on the Northshore of Oahu to surf. I come out the same time every year. Brought my boosted last year but managed to smuggle in my Carvons this year. HIC Pro is happening 1000 feet from where Im staying on susnset beach and The Jaws contest is going on this weekend too!

2 Likes

Sweet, well planned

running the numbers,

motors: 2 x 600 = 1200 esc (assuming focbox): 4 x 150 = 600 battery: estimating 600 including bms wheels 170 deck 150 enclosure 60 remote: 2 x 50 = 100 (need at least 2 receivers i think) total 2880 not including random parts, charger

sheesh.

EDIT wheels are 107mm, so 100 -> 170

1 Like

Those are the 107mm wheels which are $145 minimum, but since those have been out of stock for forty-seven years, getting them from Evole means they are $160

2 Likes

He uses 4 receivers

1 Like