Carbon motor mount 8$

My motor mount has already arrived! Looks great, can’t wait to test it!

5 Likes

That looks awesome. Wish I would have gotten in on this buy…

In case this gets repeated please sign me in for a full set Thanks

let us know the length of the hardware you will be using once you test out please! looks nice

Sure! I’ll probably go buy the bolts this weekend, I’ll take the mount with me to test before taking anything

Hey would you be able to send me the files? thanks in advance

Yeah, I would appreciate it as well so I can finally accurately position the motors in my 3D visualization and continue thinking about things placement on the rear side of the board.

1 Like

I thought that sharing the file with 3 people would have been enough for it to spread around but I was wrong… Here you go https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3Qp-KhUSAtVYk9OQm5fMkpwZTA?usp=sharing.

Bolts suggested length: 1 hex: 35mm ----1 hex: 40mm ----3 strange bolts: 35mm

3 Likes

Assembly tip: the parts are coming with no further finish after the laser cut. For this reason it is possible that some bolts wont slide fluid into the hole at the first try. I suggest you not to go with a smaller bolt but TO CLEAN THE HOLE: for example use a 6mm drill bit to clean 6mm holes.

Ooh I’m late to this party. I would have liked to join.

Nice GB fedestanco, thanks for sharing the files.

Thank you very much for the model! Looks like it’s gonna be tight fit :smiley:

Im just here to send my compliments to fedestanco! This thread is an eye-opener, i didnt think it would be possible to have these parts made for so little because I automatically assumed it required milling for the out-of-plane clamping holes. Turns out they just laser or water cut the whole thing in mass, and then somebody with a 2$ hourly wage puts them under the drill press to make the 4 holes that are out of plane. No thread cutting required either. I think the CF parts are water cut too so thats easy as well, and the geometry of the plate allows for minimal material waste.

I still need to get started on my first build, which will be mostly from ready made parts, but after I gained some experience I might also get into fabricating my own stuff!

3 Likes

Got mine too and they look awesome! Great job making these and thanks again :blush:

for those who are interested: with this mount i measured a center distance of about 70mm with an HDT5 system and 16/36 gearing it should lead us to a 275mm belt. can someone confirm that? what are you guys using?

the carbon part makes the tightness adjustable…im sure it could be used with a shorter belt but im not sure as i havnt gotten mine yet

Hey guys. User info: if you have bought more than 1 set don’t mix up aluminum parts. Each part will fit properly just with the one that has been taped together.

1 Like

haha sheeeet :smiley: now i have to puzzel 12 parts together again :monkey:

I had to do it with 40+ couples :grin:

1 Like

Hi Fedestanco, i know, is too late, but curious if you going to do another lot of mounts in the near future. Also i know that i,m not alone.

Thanks!

1 Like

Wait wait wait, they are not all the same? :smiley: