Carbon motor mount 8$

Yes they are. You will figure out by yourself that when one hole is positioned 0.01 mm differently the fitting will not be as nice as is the case you pair it with its original mate. I used to pair the original mates with tape to avoid you this hassle.

Thanks for the info, Iā€™m still waiting for my ones to arrive ( Iā€™m pointing at you Slovakia post! ).

Hi Fedestanco, i know, is too late, but curious if you going to do another lot of mounts in the near future. Also i know that i,m not alone.

Thanks!

1 Like

If you dont need the work @fedestanco

I can do it or someone else can do it - NON PROFIT

2 Likes

Mine showed up today! Did anyone already buy hardware, and can share specs so easy to get a set asap? thanks!

anyone have the lengths for hardware?

Nope, didnā€™t make it yet. Iā€™m still waiting for all the other parts to arrive, so Iā€™m not in a hurry. If you find out by yourself, be sure to tell us!

IĀ“m in for 4, no rush, and thanks btw

Ill wait for @fedestanco approval

Hi guys. Few days ago enertion contacted me and told me to avoid producing in large scale something that has been designed starting from their open source mount. I would be happy to do another group buy but before moving in that direction I will have to start a new design from scratch (taking dimensions by my own). Once it will be finished I would like to handle the whole thing and I would like to add 1-2$/mount of profit for myself (I will try to find cheaper factories to let the price ramain 22$).

If you are interested helping me prototyping with a 3d printer please contact me in chat.

1 Like

Seems fair but wasnt the motor mount designed by you anyway?

Yea Iā€™m up for the next batch. I have a 3D printer and have also designed my own clamp similar again to yours but itā€™s not copyrighted and thereā€™s only so many was you can clamp onto a truck so wouldnā€™t be to worried.

Yeah if someone is willing to give you the file it reduces the work

Yes I did disign it line by line, but I used enertion open souce mount to take the measurements. Plus I intentionally made it as similar as possible to theirs to be sure it would have worked fine.

Oh ok will i suggest we do a even bigger group buy this time with your/someones elses design which will reduce the cost for everyone else.

I suggest doing one in EU and one in USA which will increase the number of people. You could use @Michaelinvegas or @JLabs if you wanted to do this

1 Like

Only thing is that when companies get in profit will have to rise. I want the final price for the customer to be factory price+shipping and customs+ packaging+ 1/2$ fee for me. I dont want some additional costs like +jlabs fee to get in.

Well there will have to be guidelines to that.

For example is selling a drivetrain with your motor mount not allowed to make 2$ profit.

I think as a community we shouldnt sell the mount singularly for more than the X amount that your selling it for.

Since other companies are charging 60$ for the same item its not fair the customer either

But if it the cheapest alternativeā€¦Why not pay a little extra for the time and effortā€¦and still get it cheaper than any placeā€¦

The thing with a group buy is that one person does all the leg work but everyone else gets to wait for mail ā€¦

Everyoneā€™s stuff comes in one boxā€¦gotta sort through itā€¦check the listā€¦re pack everythingā€¦make or write mailing labels ā€¦ huff all that shit to the post officeā€¦

Time is money for some peopleā€¦and that effort should be rewarded especially if they are getting you things cheaper than any place else.

4 Likes

Ok but no one should upsell it for 60$ just because of the demand

1 Like

Wellā€¦it kinda dependsā€¦

If they have a businessā€¦or are starting oneā€¦they do have business expenses like business lic, insurance etcā€¦

Itā€™s different if I or you do itā€¦we get what we needed at a cheap price cause everyone else bought inā€¦ I only really did the mini remotes cause they had their own boxes and it was easy to do ā€¦and I had time and was my pleasure to help all you out

5 Likes