Bushing Set up Help

If it is a modified Liquid, our Barrels should work fine as well as the Canons . As for pivots, we make one that fits both the Fyre and Liquid trucks

1 Like

For clarification,the TB218’s are currently arranged symmetrically but you will be changing to a split setup soon or is the rear set to 42 degrees?

1 Like

No they are already in a split setup. The front is 50 degrees (Stock is 50?) and the back is -8 (should be 42 degrees)

1 Like

OK as it is right now, the rear has much more leverage over the bushings at 42 degrees than the front has at 50 degrees the rear is currently easier to turn than the front. This Is not what you want, you need the reverse where the resistance in the front is less than the rear. To accomplish that I suggest the following combination Pick up 2 pair of RipTide Canon bushings and one pair of Magnums in KranK 90a. Having the three pair will provide a lot of options to balance out the board to your liking. Combinations to balance out the 8 degree split:

Canon / Canon front using flat washers and Canon / Canon rear with cupped washers Magnum / Canon front, Canon / Magnum rear. Canon / Canon front and Canon / Magnum rear Canon / Canon front and Magnum / Magnum rear

1 Like

@Alphamail I’m currently running krank 96a bushing on TB 218 with piviot cups. I’m running the same setup on both fronts and back. Cannon on Street side and magnum on board side. With flat washer boardside and cuped washer streetside

The board is incredibly stable at 30mph, how it is not very carvy or turny even with my 200lb fat self. I ordered some 90a magnum bushings to make it better but what would you recommend for me?

Thanks in advance.

So two pairs of Canon, one with 84a and another one with 90a. And one pair of Magnnums with 90a? Correct?

Thanks a lot!

Hi @Alphamail I would appreciate a starting point for my setup please mate.

40" board, 8 ply so flexible

Evolve GT supercarve trucks and OEM orange bushings (95a)

I’m 80 - 83kg weight, higher end of that after Christmas

Top speed 30 to 35km/h

Average speed 20 to 25km/h

Looking to have a setup that is acceptably stable at top speed but pliable at slower speeds for tight footpath turns for commuting.

Cheers

1 Like

@Alphamail wondering what your recommending for me 110kg with a heavy long board top speed about 60kph, trucks are 50 degrees on front and 50 back with a sector 9 angled riser set inward back. I have some Orangatang Nipple Bushings - 89a (Yellow) but they seem still too soft have the flat washers that came with them… thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi I also would like some help if possible. I have a Jet invasion series deck with a half inch drop, TB trucks with caliber baseplates, I have 44 and 50 baseplates with riptide cups. I weight around 68kg. My board is neither stable at 40kmh+ neither has a good turning radius. The turning radius ir really bad. At the moment i run Venom 96a road side in both, riptide WTB tall cone 95a in the rear board side and blood orange 93 in the front board side. I would like to have a bit of turning radius, but have a bit more stabilaty, the board is not very wobly, but enough to make me reduce the speed. Is it possible to make a quick turning front, with a fast rebound, and make the back laggy? Or is this not I want to have? IMG_20181112_171117

1 Like

@Indiangummy, I am the 200 point also and normally use 90a in APS and KranK so you might want to add some 90a Canons and pass the 96a on to your really big friends or a low angle base plate application

1 Like

NO @StefanMe, all the same durometer. I suggested 90a all around but you could likely get away with 87a if you want it to be more carvey

1 Like

Thank you! I ll order some of them and give u feedback!

1 Like

Ok thank you!

1 Like

You have to hard of bushings for your size you should be down in the 80’s if you do a 85 or 90 chubby bs and a 80 or 85 barrel rs you would probably see a more stable and more rebound ride. But I would definitely wait to talk to brad before you order.

@Komamtb How did you fit a TallCone into that setup? Since you have such a mix of bushings, we need to start from scratch. You have a relatively small split of 6 degrees which helps. Your bushings are far too hard for your weight so I suggest either APS 87.5 or KranK 87a. Similar to my recommendation above, Pick up 2 pair of RipTide Canon bushings and one pair of Magnums in either APS 87.5 or KranK 87a, you will have the following options available:

Canon / Canon front using flat washers and Canon / Canon rear with cupped washers Magnum / Canon front, Canon / Magnum rear. Canon / Canon front and Canon / Magnum rear Canon / Canon front and Magnum / Magnum rear

Thank you very much! I will try those, a few more things, 44 front and 50 back or reverse? And why the cupped washers, instead of presicion cups?

50 front, 44 rear. Personally I rarely use precision washers, much easier to deal with standard flats and cups

1 Like
  1. Double kingpin trucks on backfire ranger x1.
  2. Not sure
  3. I want it looser
  4. For carving
  5. 130lbs (59kg)

thank you for help

1 Like

First try ditching the cupped washers and switch to flats, start with the front. Tighten till just snug and watch out for wheel bite.

Hello,

I have a meepo short board that is unstable at speed 25mph. The turning radius is also very wide. I ordered a couple 7 degree wedges, I was planing on just putting it on the rear. The thicker part should be facing the back of the board? I weight 150lbs.

1 Like