Bushing Set up Help

For a less turney back truck you are correct, the thicker part of the wedge goes towards the back.

If you haven’t yet, RipTide bushings that fit your weight will help a lot.

1 Like

I’m just trying to figure out which ones. I think I’ll follow this image

2 Likes

While I haven’t really been able to test actual speeds and bushings combos much, this setup is stable on pneumatics up to at least 35km/hr

2 Likes

I’m riding an evolve bamboo gtx with 107 abecs. I like the stock black 90a bushings but amazon has plenty of other brands and I get free shipping so…any recommendations that fit the supercarve trucks?

Also I never get speed wobbles. I’ve maxed out at 27 mph and was stable. I like how it carves too so can’t decide if it’s worth trying a diff duro. I weight 195lbs and ride it like I’m snowboarding and surfing.

1 Like

Get riptide bushings Brad does some amazing work

Ok. Do i need a specific type of riptides? So should i buy their barrel bushings to go with their cone bushings and their pivot cups? This is one mod i never considered so im in the dark here.

1 Like

The cones make trucks carve more these trucks are already carving trucks so I would use barrels with a duro to your weight

@Matt_54, @Scoobs sorry for the delay in answering, we have been traveling a lot but home now to take care of business, not sure how I missed your posts but i will take care of them today

1 Like

So two barrels on each kingpin? Evolve stock bushings are 1 barrel 1 cone on each kingpin.

OK @Matt_54, where are we currently on your setup? I want to be sure I am up to date and not make a recommendation on past data

1 Like

@Scoobs If it feels good, stick with it but I would recommend switching the Pivot cups to our WFB 96a Evolve cups to make it carve even smoother

1 Like

@Alphamail I really am a novice on bushings so are you saying I should stick with 1 barrel 1 cone per kingpin instead of two barrels like @briman05 suggested if that feels good to me? I’m down to try your barrels and cones along with your pivot cups if you sell 90a for the barrels and cones.

What Brad said. I don’t think they make the pivots in 90a I am around 175lbs and the 96a pivot cups work for me in my calibers. The Evolve truck bushings look like a barrel and a fat cone. Depending on your weight as that will effect which duro you get but I would get a set of krank barrels and krank fat cones

1 Like

It is certainly fun to experiment if you like but I resist having you spend where it may not be needed. Bushings are a very personal choice and if you like what you are on, why change? From a educational and experience viewpoint, shape, as well as compound offer virtually limitless tuning options but it can be overwhelming so I suggest changing one thing at a time so you understand the effect of that change. We call our pivots a “gateway drug” because of their game changing capacity. For bushings, we have 90a in both APS and KranK compound. Evolve trucks take our ShortStreet height (.4") on top if each pair and Standard longboard height (.6") on the bottom. If you want to play with bushings also, I suggest KranK 90a since it is more adjustable than APS and get combination of ShortStreetCones and ShortStreetBarrels to combine with our Standard Barrels for the bottom of each pair.

Stock Evolve is a ShortStreetCone over a Barrel:

evolve%20top

evolve%20bottom

Yeah forget they are consider a kind of tkp style truck. I personally would never skate a sidewinder truck cause they are so damn tall. On a separate note the pivots that you have for the surfrodz on the esk8 page are they the same as the surfrodz on the longboard page?

1 Like

Yes, they are the same.

1 Like

That is what I figured it having it in both places makes it easier for noob eskaters to find. :+1:

@briman05 Have you tried this method? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yznaXCgr5us

I didn’t try that because I it was like the hole for the bushing was too small for the insert/ insert hole was to wide for the bushing. It fit on my stock abec11 bushings though for my liquid attack rpk. It was also a harder duro that I was trying it on so that could have had something to do with it.

1 Like