Bushing Set up Help

@amazingdave since it sounds like you like the stock bushings and just need to change it up a bit, do you have access to another barrel bushing around 90a to replace the rear TB218 roadside cone, that might be just enough to get you where you want to be

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to buy oneā€¦ what do you recommend?

1 Like

A pair of Canon 90a KranK or APS

1 Like

You could try both cones on front and both barrels on rear until you get new bushings. Although check for wheel bite in the front might be an issue with double cones.

1 Like

How would I go about doing that, just with a tape measure, ruler? Or do I need one of this digital ones Iā€™ve seen people usā€¦? I donā€™;t have one of those but I can see if a friend does if necessary. LMK. I got a set of the indy ones so I will see if those work since they work with Calibers and TB 218ā€™s right? I have a set of TB i Can use them on if they donā€™t so no big deal either way, right? Or noā€¦?

Calipers are the best way to measure but if you have other trucks to pull from give that a shot. Indy pivots do not work with Caliber II or TB218ā€™s, they both take Caliber II pivots

Ah shit. OK. Will send back to swap them then. I will try to get you measurements on the Raptor pivots later today somehow. What dimensions so you need? Diameter and ā€¦?

1 Like

OD, ID, Depth, and overall length

Hello all, we are in need of information to create a useful database to help people with their setups.

I came across the link below, listing eSk8 boards commercially available. If any of you have any of these boards or others and have access to a set of calipers that are accurate to .001" or .1mm, can you please measure the bushings and pivot cups so we can build a database? We would need the following:

Brand of Complete: Model number and year: Front roadside bushing shape, outside diameter and height: Front boardside bushing shape, outside diameter and height: Rear roadside bushing shape, outside diameter and height: Rear boardside bushing shape, outside diameter and height: Pivot cup outside diameter, inside diameter, depth, and overall length:

The link: https://compare-skateboards.com/

If you can provide the above data in inches or mm, we would greatly appreciate it and please email the data to [email protected] so we donā€™t clog up this thread.

Thank you all

3 Likes

Anyone out there with the big Trampa spring trucks? We would love to come up with a urethane solution to for those. Rode them over the weekend and I saw some things we could do with them!

5 Likes
- Truck Brand
  - Caliber II 44 
- Baseplate
  - Front: 54 (44 baseplate + 4 Board + 6 angled riser)
  - Rear: 38 (44 baseplate - 6 angled riser)
  - Riser: 1/4 inch rise + 6 degree angle
- Bushings
  - Stock Caliber Bushings
- Feel/Want
  - Trucks feel way loose, 
  - Like to tighten up the ride a bit and hopefully avoid wheelbite.
- Skating
  - Mostly cruising/commuting around at 10-20mph
- Deck / Wheels
  - Subsonic Shadow 37 / ABEC 11 90mm Reflys
  - Currently can turn hard enough to induce wheelbite
- Weight
  - 210lb when cruising / 225 when commuting

After reading through a bunch of repliesā€¦ My amateur guesstimation is: Front: 96a Krank Canon Rear: 96a Krank Canon/Chubby

Thanks for all the knowledge bombs youā€™ve dropped in the thread!

1 Like

@finges Is this an eSl/k8 or non electrified?

Itā€™s for an eskate

OK @finges, the reason I ask is I am learning that my recommendation can be different for powered boards versus non powered and weather they have 1, 2 or 4 drive wheels so please bear with me. You have supplied more than most but could you give me an idea of how many wheels are driven? The more eSk8 setups I ride, the more i understand the dynamics of how the drive systems influence the handling. The deck and rider are a ā€œsystemā€ if they are to be in unison and work together I need to know all thee factors involved.

Hey @Alphamailā€¦ no worrys ask all the questions youd like. Iā€™m riding a dual motored configuration. Thanks again!

1 Like

I was just wondering, what is your opinion of Avenue Suspension Trucks?

Also could recommend a set of trucks, bushings and pivot cups for a Subsonic Talon 37"? Iā€™d love to have stable 30mph while having a short turning radius. I weight 50kg/110lbs

Lastly i would like to thank you for taking your time to answer all these questions, seems you have helped a ton of people out!

1 Like

OK, I weigh about 200 and normally use 90a KranK, I think 96 will be way too stiff for you since you are going up both in durometer and shape. I would suggest Canon / FatCone front and a Canon / Chubby rear no harder than 93a You could likely get away with 90a but since you are at 38 in the back, I think you will be happier with the KranK 93a or APS 92.5a. If you order from us we can mix the FatCone and Chubby in one package if you donā€™t want to buy all three shapes if you donā€™t want to or if $ is tight. This is one of my favorite combinations for split setups.

2 Likes

Hey @iTzDiego what kind of drive will it have or is this a non powered build. As for the Avenue Trucks, which ones, the TKPā€™s or RKPā€™s?

1 Like

Awesome! Just placed my order :smiley: Thanks for the recommendations!

2 Likes

It will be dual motor powered, but gear type has not been selected yet, since the fast rise of new technology(Direct Drives), I decided to wait for a whileā€¦

as for the Avenue Trucks, probably RPKā€™s

1 Like