Bushing Set up Help

Hey @Alphamail I would appreciate some help. Just finished my board yesterday so still getting used to it, but I have stock Caliber II 44’s front and rear on 83mm wheels. I have a 16" wheelbase so turning should be ok no matter what I think but around 10mph I start to get some wobbles. I tightened up the bushings pretty far so where they’re almost bulging out, but it still feels too loose for me. Should I upgrade the bushings or just keep tightening the trucks? I also have 3/16" spacers and no wheel bite on full tilt, I have more spacers I can add if needed. I’m about 170lbs and don’t really plan on going over 20mph since I’ll be riding on campus 90% of the time just to get between classes. Thanks

1 Like

@Jansen, I am waiting for @Eboosted to weigh in on this before I respond. I am having a hard time finding the message thread so far.

@Jellybean as you may already realize, tightening some bushings has little effect besides ruining them so tighten no more…A 16" WB is very short so your weight distribution is critical to performance. At 170, using 44’s I am surprised you are experiencing wobs at 10 mph, you may want to check truck alignment to be sure the board is tracking properly. A bent hanger can also contribute. If the Calibers are setup with a cone / barrel set up, at minimum you should move up to barrels all around or a larger combination. Can you tell me what shaped bushings came in the 44’s? I have seen them two different ways. Also, how wide is your deck?

I am trying my best to keep my weight forward, I’m used to pushing a 44" deck so there’s still some learning for me with this short deck. 10mph is a guess, I just know I’m not going faster than if I pushed. I will check the alignment, just make sure the trucks are straight and parallel? They have barrels on both sides with the stock 89a bushings. The deck is 9" at it’s widest, 8.25" at the thinnest point.

1 Like

OK, thanks @Jellybean, I would keep nearly the same duro and move up in shape and compound so either a APS 90a Canon / Chubby setup or KranK 90a same shapes.

1 Like

I will try it. Thanks!

1 Like

I am curious, is the deck a single or double kick?

Single.

Thanks @Alphamail I thought you might’ve forgotten about me. LOL. You can reference the following to see the original posts about it in this thread… hope that helps! 114, 127, 133 and a few in between these as well. I am also interested in wedging / de-wedging for even more stability at speed if you have any advice you can throw my way there too on what you feel would be best angle and product wise :slight_smile: Thanks again in advance.

1 Like

@b264 damn that looks like the Powell peralta deck u talked about.

My thoughts also. It’s not as wide and not as long as the Lance Mountain Future Primitive, but very similar

$17 on customskateboards.com. I don’t have any affiliation I just like that they have a wide range of inexpensive decks. Shipping takes about 3 weeks though because they individually make each board. And shipping costs more than the deck

1 Like

TGIF

Any update here fellas…? @Eboosted @Alphamail

I am trying to buy a few things and the discount/credit I have for a store that sells all things riptide plus some other items I want runs out today at midnight so was curious if either (or both) of you could confirm what size/shape Riptide bushings and pivot cups will fit on the raptor 2 trucks… planning on buying things today and just trying to avoid buying a shape that won’t end up fitting that’s too big/small… pivot cups do the indy ones work or a different one? I know barrels will work, what about cannons, chubbies, cones, fat cones, etc?

Also, do you guys or does anyone else know if we can swap the R2 base plates out with any others… say a caliber II or some other truck? Or is it a new shape just exclusive to Enertion only? Trying to de-wedge the back without having to use angled risers if possible…?

Thanks in advance.

I will say that I used to buy in bulk from them and there attention to detail was always somewhat lacking when I would specifically state no knots on top or bottom veneer as I do woodburned designs. One time they sent me a deck that was warped and I questioned them on it and sent them pictures with a level/rule and everything and they still denied it was warped. So I stopped using them because they had messed up my orders and other issues.

Darn that sucks. I guess that’s part of why they’re so cheap. Mine didn’t have any issues and I only asked for no painted layers/finish that way I could do my own.

Hey man, well, to be honest, I only changed the bushings from my Raptor 2 with the OE from Caliber II, the red soft ones, but even though, I didn’t get any major improvement in turning capability.

The Raptor 2 trucks were designed for high and to avoid speed woobles, so if you want a more carvy eboard you will need to change the trucks and that’s almost impossible

1. Caliber 2 50’s
  2. Stock Bushing
  3. Increase stability and progressiveness
  4. Mostly cruising I guess
  5. Hummie deck, unlikely to bite - Boa 100mm wheels
  6. 155lbs/72kg

Hi, I could do with a little help

Tb218’s on a hummie deck with 6x2 inch nummies.

I weigh 75kg in all my clobber.

I’m getting speed wobbles around 25mph but the turning and carving is just where I want it.

I’ve replaced the cups with riptide pivot cups, currently running stock bushings wound up a bit tighter on the back.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey @Jansen you have the following:

I Weigh 195 lbs Deck I’m setting up with my raptor 2 trucks & motors is the Moonshine outlaw I’ve never switched my pivot cups but would like to

I would start out changing your washer setups to see if it makes enough difference to get away with using what you have. Take the Cupped washer(s) off the front and replace with flat washers but leave the cupped washers on the back. If you want to go a bit further, replace the rear roadside cupped washer with a flat also and let me know what if feels like.

The Raptor 2 trucks I saw over the weekend take our standard .6" tall bushings so we can go there if needed. Based on the bushing seat, the trucks can fit our Cones, barrels, Canons but I do not think the FatCone, Magnum or Chubby will work due to the deep seat.

Ass for the Raptor 2 pivot, I will need accurate dimensions to determine what might fit! Can you provide?

Hi @spesh first things first, 50 degree trucks are not geared towards stability, so you will need to do something to counter their tendency to turn a lot. You can dewedge the rear or replace the rear base plate with a Caliber 44 degree base plate of if you want to keep it symmetrical, replace both base plates with 44’s or dewedge both the front and back 5 to 10 degrees to get the trucks to settle down a bit. Is this a eSk8 or a non electric setup?