Boss level custom spot welder

Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm using another power source for the spot welder other than LiPo’s?

Lead Acid or another Li-Ion battery bank? If so, what are the key things? Is it just a simple matter of having enough amperage? So a starter lead acid, one with sufficient CCA (200+?)? With a big enough Li-Ion battery could you pull enough charge (3s100p or something like that?)

Thanks!

Sorry but that picture makes my toes curl. Any chance they’re all negative side? Then its less of an issue, else its a firehazard.

Yes those are the negative sides. I tend to do all pos and then negatives at the same time.

makes sure to cut those corners on the positive side :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

don’t use liion, i put together a 3s12p pack with 25r cells, still not fast enough for spot welding. it’s not just about amperage, it’s more to do with how FAST the amperage is supplied.

3s100p would be impractical.

can’t say anything about lead acid but that’d be impractical as well due to bulk and weight.

I used a 3s 65c graphine battery and I did 800ish welds finishing all the P groups in my 12s8p and I still had plenty of battery left at 11.7v

As far as the soldering iron I’d like to use mine but haven’t been able to find a powerful enough power supply at home and I have not gotten around to buying one because I know I have one that works somewhere lol

1 Like

I bought one of this for quick cleaning pencil tips: it is 0.65mm thick and very convenient to use (also very cheap, 1E) 39200-op-front

2 Likes

i need this

it’s a mini version of the boss welder, @aulakiria does it again

3 Likes

Its like the finalised version he made years ago

oh i see…

so i guess he started with it, abandoned it for a bit, then came back to it with a slicker design?

1 Like

Yes you can see it on his korean blog. Looks like he came back to it late last year

meme5785370248

@aulakiria are you going to sell that prototype?

1 Like

minispotA? This is an aluminum case, but the heat dissipation performance is weak. You installed a heat sink and fan in the spot welder. However, this is not suitable for installing heat sinks and fans.

3 Likes

Perfect little device! IMG_20190202_150059

6 Likes

I am selling a minispotA for $ 60 in Korea. I can also sell foreign countries.

6 Likes

Can you sell without the aluminum case?

It need AL-case… ^^;

I can make my own

The sunkko at this moment is cheaper than the boss one with + lipo and a charger, any reason not to buy it this second? I was about to grab the boss, but I think work efficiency would be much faster with the sunkko?

1 Like