Boss level custom spot welder

Can the 12v fans be run by 18650 batteries? And how many can it use?

If you have protected cells one of Those will do

A multi - voltage charger is always useful. A 3s lipo with an adaptor or a 12v built by yourself with the boss welder… but you better play safe. ANY external hard disk has a 12v power supply. You want to have those fans working all the time and forget about the heat and how long will the battery last so you better use a 12v power supply. Just use what you need… in cold weather a 5v fan will do. I need 2 12v… There’s 24v fans available too.

2 Likes

I have been electroplating copper strips lately. I tested today some welds. I succeeded for the first time welding 0.2 copper. Seems the nickel plate helps welding. Double conductivity. 0.2 copper equals 0.9 nickel tabs plus oxidation and galvanic corrosion protected. It’s quite an achievement. Still needs more testing but i can tell right now DEFEATED! https://youtu.be/z0fukISyoDs Seems nickel but it is indeed 0.2 copper.

6 Likes

I saw the video. So cool. You can replace the tip. I wonder what parts you used.

6 Likes

Hi aulakiria. Welcome to the forum!
Yes pals, the boss himself is in tha house! I used 0.2 pure copper that I plated myself. I explained in one of my videos how to plate the tabs. I used a 709a pen but again… your pens are way more comfortable. I just did a small pack for an electric skateboard using 0.2 Wide tabs. I taped it and I plan to post the video soon. I will not recommend using 0.2 copper. I noticed it’s a very hard job for the welder and can provoke a failure. 0.1 is much safer to do and the machine does not sweat at all. I will post the video as soon as ready. You rock aulakiria!

Too much is less than insufficient. It is Korean proverb. ^^;

I do not have a skateboard. In Korea, many people use spot welders on skateboards. I was told that the voltage of the skateboard (over 36v) is high, so a 0.15 nickel strip is enough.

2 Likes

I agree. I think nickel is enough for skateboards. I am testing copper for ebikes mostly. The ebikes packs are huge. In that case copper is a good idea. For skateboards 3s lipo and nickel is the best choice with your machine.

Well i edited my last video. I tried to make it educational. The pack is done with nickel plated copper 0.2 (this is the last time i use that size for security reasons) Making a 2p pack is NOT a good idea, 3 or 4p generates less heat so the cells will not get damaged. In this case the cells are sony konion 30 amps capable and the build is intended for short range at low speeds so it’s not a problem at all. This is not my first 2p pack and i know it works fine. If you try to do the same use only high C cells. 20+ amps delivery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKuUNYCXRk&feature=youtu.be

4 Likes

Can’t watch in :canada: :disappointed:

Damn orchard! The music ain’t their property. I guess I will have to re-edit it

please check it out. It should work now. it’s a pity. the music was wonderful.

Awesome!! Thank you.

1 Like

I got a bunch of turds and made a lights battery pack 2s3p I used 0.1 nickel plated copper because this pack is perfect to test the plating over time. The pack will be in open air. The weather is humid here so i wanna know how it holds. I wanna open it in a couple years. I don’t know how long the cells will last though.

https://youtu.be/LdBI8JwCI4o

4 Likes

I’d like to get one of these, any more info on how to order?

The link is in the first post. Gotta order through the creator of the spot welder, Aulakiria.

https://m.blog.naver.com/aulakiria/220992039512

I actually made mine off grid lol

5 Likes

Mine arrived very quickly, but the Soldering tip/grip was missing. Should be here in less than a month o.O

Contact aulakiria. He will answer you fast. I personally find the hakko very useful.

I did, he’s sending the missing parts, but through the slower post method, so it will take a while. The hakko solder iron was one of the main selling points.

Korean post service is very efficient. Even the “slow” option should be there in no time. You will love the hakko. Works with 12v but heats faster above 19v.