Boss level custom spot welder

Ok guys. I tested 0.2 copper today and it seems it is not a good idea. Rising the voltage is dangerous. Let’s stick with 0.1 and 4s lipo. 0.1 almost equals 0.5 nickel. That’s already a great accomplishment. I recommend you to use only 3s lipo and 4s tops if you really have to or you wanna try copper.

As you can see low time flux is useless and high times are very dangerous. I did quite a hole. Definitely do not go above 4s guys.

2 Likes

Did you use that battery for this spot welder or for another project?

Sorry. I do not understand your question. What battery? Any of my lipos? The 6s1p I did in my last video? If you mean the 6s I did it for another project non related to sk8. It is also perfect for some off the grid solder job with my welder.

Yes. Sorry i wanted to know if the 6s pack you made in the video. If you are using it to power aulakiria’s spot welder? Because i figured it might be dangerous for the spot welder bacause of the high amp drawing mentioned, but if it works that would be awesome lol

1 Like

The spot welder has two ports. One for the welder xt90 and one for the solder. The solder can take up to 35v. Actually it works better if you use above 19v. The welder works better under 16v. 3s best and 4s tops. It can take 5s and 6s but becomes really dangerous so do not go above 4s. I tested the 6s battery of the video with the solder. 24v on that port is ok.

Awesome. Thank you that really helps. I’m going to purchase 2 of them because where i live it can get pretty warm and i would love to be able to build big battery packs and not have to wait for it to cool down. Switching from one to the other would be awesome. Plus during winter time the power goes out sometimes for several days. This item would be very convenient for me. Lol :smiley:

1 Like

Stick heatsinks on the plate and a couple 40mm fans. That will help a lot. I did it and power them with a 12v charger. The welder has a 5v port to install a fan. 5v is enough in cold weather but 12v is mandatory on intense use or warm weather conditions. I posted pics of my mod in the first post.

How do you power the fans? Are they connected to the power port for the solder?

[IMC Caliente 10 Unids Cámaras CCTV 2.1mm x 5.5mm Hembra Adaptador de Enchufe Macho de Alimentación de CC http://s.aliexpress.com/7VFFVFbq (from AliExpress Android)](IMC Caliente 10 Unids Cámaras CCTV 2.1mm x 5.5mm Hembra Adaptador de Enchufe Macho de Alimentación de CC http://s.aliexpress.com/7VFFVFbq (from AliExpress Android))

I connected them to a female of Those and I power them with a 12v charger.

Yea i have a couple of those. Pero no en español. Lol

You can use the american versión mwahaha

2 Likes

You wouldnt happen to know if you could use the welder and the solder at the same time? Or atleast power them at the same time?

No. You can’t. If you watch my videos you will see the Navigation menu is totally different. You can switch from weld to solder in no time. If you have a good power supply for the solder it heats in no time. With my copper battery I have it ready to solder in under 10 seconds.

This guy is awesome… Just paid last night and there is already my tracking number on his Blog…

1 Like

I received my unit really quickly too. It’s fantastic!

2 Likes

Got my units today lol. “Big” difference.

7 Likes

How long does the 6s battery last when you solder? Have you checked the run time?

A 709a :slight_smile: I love that machine. I had one but I can’t afford a big machine in this tiny house so I sold it. As seen in your pic …size matters… I didn’t test my 6s copper enough to give you an estimated time of operation off the grid. I am pretty sure it will work more than half an hour. Plenty of time for a field job but I can’t be sure about that.

2 Likes

Well if you ever get a chance to test it please let us all know in this thread wpuld be very much appreciated lol. Im probably going to sell my 709a. As well lol

Ye. Count on it.

2 Likes