Board grab handle

As you wish!

I used a pair of existing holes in the hangar to thread the wire and lock it with electrician’s connectors. As you can see, I could have just as easily used a dog leash, a simple loop strap, anything really. Should have too…

2 Likes

$5-$10 drawer handle here.

9 Likes

Kayak handles work great.

4 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

I have been using this strap from some old bag. Just attach by clips when needed or tighten on board. Very comfy vertically on your back.

1 Like

Wait, are you able to carry it with that handle ? Or you just pull it behind you like a suitcase ?

That’s a clean look ! Does it fold?

No fold. Why would you want it to fold if it’s under the board?

I just need to add one more washer

1 Like

I pull it behind me. I don’t think it’d be very comfortable to carry 12kg on one strap. At some point maybe I’ll make a carrying frame so I can haul it like one of those tall hiking backpacks.

1 Like

Limit the risk for it to get damaged on rocks or anything. Although if your enclosure is actually taller than the handle I guess there’s no risk

Where can I get one of those handles ?

a hardware store. It’s just a drawer handle

I really like the sound of this! Or the rock climbing grab sounded nice to…

Any pics of this? Quill probably order one and try!

…I’m turning my laptop bag into a skateboard

3 Likes

Picture or it didn’t happen?

This current build is the only one I didn’t add a handle to. Too pretty to drill all the way through :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@moronicity If you live in a cold climate I suggest adding foam to the handle.

Digikey part number RPC2479-ND

and

Type: ID 10*OD 20mm Black 1m Sponge Foam Rubber Tube Fitness Equipment Handle Bars Thermal Insulation Pipe

@b264 Thanks a lot for the info on the handle!

1 Like

just wrapping up my first build but thought id add some pics of the kayak handle which im actually loving… i put an extra screw into each mount location to keep it from rotating when i hold the board… nice thing is it doesnt rattle on the side of the case either while riding and very ergonomic feel!

10 Likes