Board grab handle

Has anyone have board with bottom strapped handle like R1? I wonder how comfortable it is. It could be an option, it will save me cutting my deck.

it is my idea but never executed. buy cabinet handle pref modern looking and bend a bit than bolt under the deck.

the Raptor 1 handles were not comfortable because their edges were sharp. I added a piece of plastic to it and it’s great…plus I always wear gloves.

As long as you get a handle with rounded edges it should be fine

1 Like

It looks pretty huge from this pic…

4 Likes

:joy::laughing:

What about some kinda folding or telescoping handle that hooks around a rear and front wheel Something like those old-school steering wheel locks

Oh yeah! Haha! I think they do smaller ones too! Lol

I carry mine by the front truck over my shoulder.Speaking of mall grab, I was in the mall and some kids said some dumb stuff(lol im like 30 and been skating /surfing most of my life). I simply looked at them and said, come here and hold this 20 pound board like a normal board and tell me its comfy/easy…they quickly changed their tune to holy crap that thing has motors. who cares if ya mall grab, its a heavy ass longboard dudes

1 Like

This pack is $60, you could stop by your local indoor rock climbing venue and pick up a single one probably.

The ones at middle bottom should be enough to get your thumb around and really should be all you need.

2 Likes

@Deckoz good on ya! I haven’t had anyone yet giving me shit for mall grab but I’m sure it is coming :wink:

@Idle very interesting approach ! I wonder how comfortable would it be after longer walk.

2 Likes

I’m currently grabbing mine by the front truck and pulling it like a suitcase. Definitely need something to grab into that would be comfortable and drop the nose of the board a few inches.

I think I have decided - simple , “cheap” and effective

I’ll mount it on under side like Raptor 1 had. It might not have R2 looks but it will save me cutting off bits of my deck.

Bumping this topic. I’m interested to see other handle setups.

I had to carry my board for 10-15 minutes and it’s just horrible. I’m too small to grab it by the truck. I tried to strap it to my backpack that has straps for standard skateboards, but my longboard is too big and too heavy for it.

1 Like

Hey, just posted about this here:

1 Like

Standard webbing. Cut holes, fit to bolts, add washers then nuts. I also use velcro on top of the board to keep it out of the way.

4 Likes

I’ve never understood how the diyelectric grab handles worked. Seeing where the bolt holes are, where do your fingers go?

3 Likes

I’ve seen someone use a suitcase handle. It can also fold back under the board when your riding

1 Like

I guess you can, I think they are just mentioned as a place for your fingers to grip.

Nice idea. I’m interested in seeing more pics !

Waiting for this to arrive I saw it on reddit and really liked the idea

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112504388885