Board grab handle

I’m think of adding grab handle to my deck. I love Raptor 2 built in handles, they look so cool.

I found on AliExpress this motorbike grab handle

http://s.aliexpress.com/nIFjiARR

Here is my deck.

What do you guys think ?

3 Likes

How do you guys carry your boards ? Anyone got a handle pic to share ?

I carry mine by the front truck :thinking:

1 Like

I tried that as well but it’s not comfortable.

Time to hit the gym :muscle:

My board is long so only option would be to drag it behind me :confused: if I had tools I would make my own take on raptor 2 handles! :smiley:

1 Like

Anything over 30" is hard to carry around unless you have 38 or 40 " legs …

Mines built into the board

i hold mine over the shoulder by the front wheel, or by the back truck if it has a tail.

I’m interested in using handles though.

1 Like

also called Mall Grab which skaters always make fun of (like I did as a kid) which I don’t understand now since it’srather comfortable and doesn’t rip my shirt when walking. Not great for long travel with esk8 due to weight and length if you are not tall.

Having seen the Raptor 2 videos I think they should’ve put the handles further back because it doesn’t seem to be perfectly balance even when they hold the rear part…maybe I’m wrong. The Raptor 1’s handle was perfectly place and the board balances perfectly when picked up.

@MontPierre those handles look promising. Keep us updated if you put them on

1 Like

The motors are too heavy compared to the rest of the components, the handles would have to be moved back towards the tail significantly. The Raptor 2 weighs almost as much as one of my boards does.

Well I’m still looking into the other options, even drifted into idea of making/getting cnc milling machine haha so I can make my own handles :wink:

Cheapest would be to re purpose existing item, like above motorbike grab handles, unfortunately I don’t think they will do, they might stick out too much from the board, I would for sure make a cut into the board ( like R2 has).

Lucky ! My board is not very wide and enclosure also restricts how much in I can cut. At the moment R2 like handles are they only option for me.

this is what I did

Simplicity :+1: unfortunately I have to make it as hard as possible for myself, preferably diy which will cost me much more than having it done professionally haha.

1 Like

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/electric-skateboard-grab-handle/

1 Like

Thanks, seen it already, it is an option but not as cool as R2 ones and that’s my benchmark:)

the R2 one would mean you have to cut away the deck. Why not do what R1 did had just have a grab handle under the deck? Home depot sells plenty of cabinet pull handles that would do the trick if the real purpose is to pick up a board.

Not sure on the width of the base of this one, but if bolted to your deck, could make a good handle…

1 Like

Or this?