Behind the Scenes | Raptor Electric Skateboard Production Process

well why haven’t you written a detailed 10000 word SA on the topic! shame on you.

I dunno, man… I talk A LOT. i’m sure if you searched around my drivel there’d be a 1000 word essay in there some where

i think as soon as you hit some big hills the difference would not be much? as the mono will want to pull more amps, but with the vesc they are both amp limited to 50A anyway so who really knows what the results will be without some data… looks like i am going to have to have a few “days off” and go ride.

I think you’d be surprised by the result there as well…

Godzilla here prefers the Duals. LOL Demo’d the Yunetec & BB single nice on level ground and I could see myself getting a single if I was someplace mostly on level ground but not my case. I have been testing using GPS tracking app and logging my rides and several have been commuting routes so I know the repeatability is close with changing conditions but if you have a long route I still prefer to push to the end with my finger as opposed to my foot unless I’m taking one of my ultra light non powered rides.

1 Like

Yeah. Dual drive. For the steep-as-hell hills I live up. If I need/want less power, I can re-program the speed controller (in other words, me; or more specifically, my thumb).

if you find a spare moment, could you maybe make a video of the Raptor in action? the only clip available right now is the kick flip one which obviously doesn’t show much of the Raptor’s capability. I’m sure a video like this would be good advertisement as well :blush: cheers and thanks!

1 Like

DIALING IN THE OPTIMISED R-SPEC & SPACE CELL SETTINGS

Any updates Mr. Potter?

waiting on the remotes

Rats I was hoping to take my shiny new ride to Vegas with me for my next convention in Feb and get some cool footage cruzing the Strip.

Yeah the SPACE Cell arrived today! Jason come one give your remote supplier some pressure :smile: So stoked right now!

Now that ppl are getting the batteries. Are there any special care and maintenance instructions for it. Checked mine and it came fully charged ready to go. I know that the battery cant be over charged. Any tips once we get it all hooked up. Maybe Jason when you do that hook up vid of battery to board that you could include tips and maintenance notes. If per say I’m not using it for awhile should I leave the battery fully charged or it doesnt matter. Whats the best thing to do to make the battery last longer? Is running the battery flat all the time shorten its life. Think it would be helpfull.

1 Like

Tesla doesn’t every fully charge their batteries, and they don’t fully discharge them either.

The BEST way to make the space cell last as long as possible would be to not run it totally dead, and not to charge it up to 100% every time. That said, it doesn’t hurt anything if you charge it to 100% and drain it all the way…

It’ll last 100’s of cycles before the range starts decreasing (and very slowly when it does start to decrease), and once it does, you probably won’t notice it. I’ve had my space cell since the pre-order batch, and ride my board all the time- I almost always charge it 100%, but rarely run it dead. I haven’t noticed any performance decrease over time.

How many months have you had the battery for?

about 6 months… So I’ve probably put about 100-125 cycles on it.

Did anyone receive a shipment tracking number? for the battery offcourse…

No tracking number just randomly came from OS.

In regards to cycles of the battery, the SPACE cell is built with 18650s. I am looking at a 26650 that I have had for about a year and a half being used in my ecig. I can def tell shes getting old, but thats a year and a half of charging to 100% then draining to below 10% almost every time (wooo addictions)

so these 18650s, being of the same technology as my 26650, is going to be able to take a very similar beating. I am only using 1S in my ecig, so that plays a factor here, but still… these 18650 batteries can really last a long time

So you have had it a year and a half. When you say you can tell its definatley getting old what do you mean? That its taking longer to charge or its not lasting as loing in a session and your not getting the same range. How much time were you getting out of it initially and now? Sorry to highjack thread, but good to know. Probably should be in the space cell thread.